As a Go-to-Market Specialist, EMEA, You will build out the strategy, define goals, create compelling value propositions and create the execution plan to drive initiatives at scale, generating new leads and accelerate existing engagements (that's not a sales quota carrying role).
Location: We trust You can deliver from any location in DACH region!
At AWS, we set out every day to innovate and disrupt the status quo. We pride ourselves on pursuing unexpected paths and seeing things from different perspectives. We create results that we are proud of. Outcomes our customers love. Achievements that change resumes—and the world. So, let us get started. We cannot wait to see what you build here. AWS offers 15+ purpose-built managed database services including relational, key-value, document, in-memory, graph, time series, wide column, and ledger databases.
As a specialist, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and assist deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s platform within the digital native, SMB, and start-up communities, with specific focus on Database services.
We can help You develop further:
It’s time to set your technical knowledge and commercial background wheels further in motion. And we will enable You to accelerate this. Here are the skills we can help you develop further:
o Your ability to drive revenue, adoption, and market penetration of the industry’s broadest and deepest portfolio of database solutions, with game-changing products.
o How to expand targeted industry verticals & solutions, and build out scale mechanisms to activate the next generation of customers on AWS.
o How to leverage your verbal and written communication skills to create and articulate compelling value propositions around AWS database solutions;
o Make the most of our great blend: a global corporate company with a start-up entrepreneurial style.
o You will be equipped to truly utilise your technical Databases expertise - we will provide you the right tools
Key job responsibilities
Your responsibilities will include helping to define key market segments and/or workloads to target, facilitating relationships with customers and partners to help establish new opportunities in those markets while supporting stakeholders in their day-to-day interactions. You’ll also work closely with the product/service teams to help them evolve the products/services and address issues, concerns, and requests from the field.
- Serve as a key member of the Databases GTM Specialist team helping to drive EMEA marketing, business development, and technical strategies for AWS Databases in the DACH segments.
- Help define AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals we target in EMEA with our managed database services.
- Execute/create strategic Go-To-Market development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, product service teams, legal, support, etc.).
- Identify specific prospects/partners to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case.
- Fill the DACH Database pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers.
- Work closely with our customers to ensure they are successful using our managed database services, and that they have the technical resources required. Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers.
- Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of our key markets for Databases. Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
A day in the life
Inclusive Team Culture:
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth:
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.”
About the team
You are about the join the strategically oriented AWS cloud Go-To-Market and Sales Specialist team in EMEA - highly experienced professionals with whom you'll utilize your skills and experience, and who will enable you to truly grow fast forward.
- You will possess a proven track record and background that enables them to lead business development efforts that will include collaboration with internal teams and partners to drive customer outcomes.
- You will also possess a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical understanding that enables them to easily interact with developers, application owners and database administrators.
- The role is strategic in nature, you should also have a demonstrated ability to think long-term and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions and work cross-organizationally to build consensus.
You will possess both a background that enables them to support an engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about , product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
• Relevant experience in the field of Database systems and cloud computing.
• Technical degree: Computer Science, and/or Engineering/Math.
· Verbal and written communication skills in English. German a plus.
· Experience with Cloud Computing and related fields.
· Analytical skills and a demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful, strategic insights for business recommendations.
· Demonstrated ability to execute multiple, complex and technical projects.
· Demonstrated ability to work across internal and external organizations.
· MBA or equivalent business experience.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.