We are looking for a colleague that can fulfill our Senior IT Architect role within the IT Architecture Team of Vattenfall IT
What will you be doing
We are looking for a seasoned IT Architect that can take responsibility for the enterprise architecture and solution architecture towards our Asset heavy Business Units like Distribution, Hydro , Heat etc. in Germany. Key task will be support strategic projects like digitalization of business processes or implementing digital business models.
- Understanding business needs and help them to define innovative, yet stable and secure solutions in a regulated business environment
- Project & Architecture Management, providing clear and justifiable architectural decisions towards projects so that they can reduce their time to market
- Being a technology partner, by being eminent within the technology areas you are working in with a strong background in heat & electricity grid and heat & electricity production applications. This means that you are up to date on the latest market trends, and you have a good understanding of usage of this technology by your Business Units
- Having system engineering, by not only ensuring solutions are delivered according to architecture, but also by understanding the limitations and dependencies that complete IT landscape will have on it (like scalability, security, availability, maintainability, usability etc.)
You will approximately contribute to projects half of your time – which could range from solution selection and due diligence on vendor’s IT offerings. The other half of you time will be developing strategy, technology roadmaps, managing the application portfolio and explaining and ensuring good architectural practices within the (agile) teams etc.
We are looking for an architect to work out of our offices in Berlin but are always keen to meet with our business unit management and therefore do not have a problem with regular travel to be on site.
Our ideal candidate
We are looking for Senior Architects that have worked in Generation and/or Distribution (or similar asset intensive business units).
You have good understanding of utility business processes and their IT landscape (SAP ERP and EAM, SCADA, infrastructure and security regulations).
Moreover you have a strong personality that can easily communicate with different levels in the organisation. You know how to combine and balance stakeholders interests. You are not afraid to take decisions to ensure output is being realized.
This is important as well
- Availability Full Time
- Fluent in German and English in written and spoken
- Strong skills in Enterprise, Software and/or Infrastructure Architecture
- Understanding of German security regulations to ensure critical data is adequately protected
- Enjoys a changing environment and works well under pressure
- Master degree with 10 years of experience within IT
- You have deep knowledge of SAP ERP, OSI, Technical Reporting, ECM, Optimization, Engineering as well as Integration and Business Intelligence topics.
- Travelling is no objection – mainly to business locations in same country, but it could be due to internationalization of Business Units and our team is an international team that foreign travel is needed
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of age, religion, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
The Vattenfall Staff Function IT is an international unit within the Vattenfall Group. As a full-service IT provider, our goal is to be the best of the best when it comes to delivering extremely economical IT services and intelligent solutions. Our array of services ranges from process and application consulting to software solution development implementation projects and the operation of application systems. Some 1,400 employees located in Germany, Poland, the Netherlands and Sweden contribute daily to our international business success in the three organizational segments IT demand, IT supply and Group IT.