Senior Mechanical Designer will assist in the development of design approaches and perform detailed mechanical design of subsystems of new or improved products.
• Assist in the completion of feasibility studies to determine preferred design solutions. Implement design approaches and correct design problems.
• Investigate pertinent design factors such as ease of manufacture; availability of materials, tooling and equipment; interchangeability, replace ability and serviceability. Perform tolerance analysis of assemblies and take corrective action as required.
• Under guidance of engineers and Sr. Staff Designers, implement the design of mechanisms, packaging, control panels, chassis and frames. Make layouts of assemblies and draft complex parts.
• Direct the efforts of junior level drafters. Check completed layouts and drawings for clarity, completeness and conformity to standards, procedures and specifications. Check the accuracy of calculations and dimensions.
• Test designs and assemble prototypes.
• Create, and release to Manufacturing, engineering documentation.
• Interpret and analyze Engineering data in order to select preferred approach. Anticipate technical problems and take corrective action.
• Assist manufacturing Engineering during the pilot run and initial production run of new products to ensure the best possible transition from Engineering to Production.
• Assist engineers in vendor evaluation and selection for tooling, fabricated parts and purchased parts.
• Design problems during the pilot and initial production runs.
• Proficient in 3-D CAD design.
• Minimum of five (5) years experience.
• Good knowledge of mechanical principles, including stress and thermal analysis and will be experienced in creating 3-D parts and assembly layouts.
• Working knowledge of multi-axis machining, plastic injection molding, structural-foam molding, die-casting, sheet metal and tool design is preferred.
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.