Want to shape the future of the Consumables business at Amazon? We are looking for an exceptionally motivated and talented Senior Program Manager for Consumables Programs with a strong customer focus. The role is pivotal for the DE and EU Consumables organization with high impact and visibility. It supports selection strategy/category management for DE Consumables including Brand Parity and working with external such as Nielsen, as well as key pricing projects.
The successful candidate will have significant experience managing complex business challenges, deep understanding of retail/FMCG and the ability to influence and drive large cross-functional initiatives forward. They will have a strong bias toward data driven decision-making, and an innate ability to understand how metrics relate to business problems. We are seeking a leader with the ability to communicate priorities and work effectively with stakeholders across senior leadership, engineering, product, finance, and business teams. They should be comfortable with ambiguity and enjoy solving challenging problems.
· Own selection management decisions and category decisions for DE Consumables and work with external data providers
· Understand and assess opportunities (e.g., opportunity size, appeal, differentiation) in order to proactively determine how to best drive customer engagement and business impact
· Manage, analyze, improve, and scale mechanics to drive engagement with product line teams and central teams
· Collaborate with international counterparts, foster EU and global best practice exchange
· Report on progress against goals and relevant metrics to senior management
· Work with external data providers such as Nielsen or IRI and establish new ways of how to use the data for selection management decisions and category management
For this role we expect:
· Extensive professional experience in either e-commerce, retail or consulting within a demanding corporate environment
· Proven analytical skills and ability to influence people both internally and externally
· Decisive and able to move with speed to implement ideas
· Strong communication skills, including ability to write compelling, concise documents and present your ideas with passion and persuasion.
· Broad commercial awareness developed in a high-growth, fast-moving environment
· Strong retail or product background with proven ability to drive change
· Excellent English skills – both verbal and written
· University degree, ideally in a technical or analytical discipline
Further qualifications are a plus:
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously - prioritization, planning and task delegation
· Negotiations, analytical, vendor and/or project management experience
· FMCG experience and working with external data providers such as Nielsen or IRI
· German skills
Are you interested? We look forward to receiving your application. Please submit your online application including your CV and covering letter in English.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation or any other assistance, please let the recruiting team know and they will support you with the necessary actions throughout the interview process.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Did you know that Amazon is offering various jobs in part-time? If you want to apply, please filter for “part-time” in the job type search section on amazon.jobs.