This position can be filled in Munich or Berlin
The DE Amazon Marketplace team is looking for a talented, customer-obsessed Senior Project Manager (SPM) to help shape the future of our Marketplace. The SPM role offers the unique opportunity to drive large scale, high visibility Selection projects across a variety of internal teams and product families; as well as owning a sizable portion of a product family P&L.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized and have a demonstrated track record of successful project management/ownership, juggling multiple projects with competing deadlines, and using data to identify and prioritize opportunities. S/he is self-starter with a passion for independent, creative problem-solving. S/he is analytical, enthusiastic, self-motivated, detail-oriented, customer-focused, and has strong writing skills with the ability to handle ambiguity and influence employees at all levels of the organization.
The SPM role will be mainly split into two main key responsibilities within the DE Marketplace:
* Head Program: The successful candidate will drive the Head Selection program, which aims at increasing product offering available on Amazon EU5 marketplaces for top Consumer brands. The SPM will define goals, own data analytics and reporting, support various teams in identifying and prioritizing business opportunities, and collaborate with Tech teams to build a tool providing selection recommendations to Amazon Selling Partners at scale.
* Category strategy and ownership: Work closely with leadership on business strategy, drive best-in-class customer experience and maximize Selection/GMS growth through timely analysis and action.
The successful SPM needs to:
* Partner with global teams (i.e. tech, catalogue, risk etc.) to drive selection growth.
* Drive EU Head selection project – define strategy, own goals and tracking, implement operationalization, coordinate cross-functional teams, and communicate with internal and external parties.
* Support weekly, monthly and quarterly monitoring and reporting of selection performance in DE and EU. Use the selection funnel to identify drivers of business problems and trends at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
* Act as the ‘business owner’ for Media categories, possessing a complete understanding of internal and external variables that impact our business (this entails owning monitoring and understanding on the category, along with responsibility for driving strategic projects to achieve business objectives).
For this position, we expect..
* Bachelor’s degree.
* A strong background in category, finance or product management, along with related business experience.
* Well-versed in Excel and SQL.
* Outstanding analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to interpret large amounts of data and make sound business
judgments and recommendations.
* Superior verbal and written communication in English and preferably German. Ability to write succinct and compelling written business
proposals and recommendations for senior Director/VP audiences.
* Proven track record collaborating successfully with internal and external partners
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and to deal with ambiguous problems.
* Ability to think both strategically and tactically with strong attention to detail.
Further Qualifications would be a plus..
- MBA or related Master’s degree
- Experience in consulting and/or retail/consumer products industries
- Have delivered results with a strong entrepreneurial spirit
Are you interested? We look forward to receiving your application. Please submit your online application including your CV and covering letter in English.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation or any other assistance, please let the recruiting team know and they will support you with the necessary actions throughout the interview process.
Did you know that Amazon is offering various jobs in part-time? If you want to apply, please filter for “part-time” in the job type search section on amazon.jobs.