We are looking for an accomplished Senior Sales Specialist to play an important role on the Database Specialist Sales team to drive adoption of AWS Database Services (Amazon RDS, Amazon Aurora, Amazon DynamoDB, AWS Database Migration Service, etc…)
AWS is seeking a seasoned enterprise sales representative to help us establish AWS as the market leader for a database, analytics, and machine learning service that addresses our customers' needs.
As a specialist sales representative for this fast growing, exciting space you will have the opportunity to help drive the growth and shape the future of an emerging technologies that will have a significant impact on our customer’s technical strategy. Your responsibilities will include driving revenue, adoption, and market penetration of solutions such as Amazon RDS, Amazon Aurora, Amazon DynamoDB, AWS Database Migration Service, etc…
The ideal candidate will possess a proven track record and background that enables them to lead a sales effort that will include teaming with solutions architects and partners to drive customer outcomes.
The successful candidate will also possess a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical understanding that enables them to easily interact with developers and technical architects.
You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions and work cross-organizationally to build consensus.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Drive revenue and market share for AWS database services in a defined territory or industry vertical.
· Meet or exceed quarterly revenue targets
· Develop and execute against a comprehensive account/territory plan.
· Create & articulate compelling value propositions around AWS database solutions
· Manage the end to end commercial process through engagement of appropriate resources such as Solutions Architects, Professional Services, Executives and Partners etc…
· Accelerate customer adoption of services such Amazon RDS, Amazon Aurora, Amazon DynamoDB, AWS Database Migration Service, etc…
· Manage and maintain a robust and accurate pipeline and forecast
· Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts
· Work closely with the HQ product team to communicate requirements for the defined territory
· 5+ years of account management experience with quota accountability working with commercial or enterprise customers selling software technology solutions
· 3+ years direct field experience in selling database products or services
· Experience in identifying, developing, negotiating, and closing large-scale technology deals
· Proven track record of consistent territory growth and quota obtainment
· Degree or MBA in Technology or business related subject
· Knowledge of relevant AWS services is a huge plus (Amazon RDS, Amazon Aurora, Amazon DynamoDB, AWS Database Migration Service, etc…)