Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life.
We are looking for a Senior Software Development Manager to join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year. Our team is focused on inventing, building, and launching new customer experiences in Amazon Music. These innovations focus on Machine Learning-driven forms of personalization and optimization to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
You are a talented, detail-oriented, and passionate Software Development Manager who is excited about big challenges, big data, personalization, and machine learning. You have experience with operating in organisations with 1000+ people, and building up organisational structures for larger teams (100+). You will contribute your creative ideas and energy to improving the customer experience by leaps and bounds. Duties include hiring, developing, and managing a team of high-performing developers who research, design, and implement algorithms which test their best ideas against Amazon's legion of music customers, and help grow Music ML as an organisation in Berlin. You will leverage your own strengths and those of your team to make Amazon Music more personalized and the best part of each customers' day.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
· 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
· 7+ years of people management experience, managing engineers and researchers
· Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
· 10+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
· Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
· Experience developing and executing strategic product roadmaps, software roadmaps
· Experience with Machine Learning (Classification, Collaborative Filtering)
· Experience with Voice Assistants, Natural Language Understanding, Dialogue, Natural (Spoken) Language Processing
· Experience forming teams, recruiting software engineers, and building mid- to large size technical organisations
· Experience leading highly-skilled software engineering teams
· Experience managing platforms or infrastructure software systems
· Experience developing careers with highly-skilled software engineering teams
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· A love of music!
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.