Are you ready to work with the world’s largest and most innovating Cloud platform? Do you want to join one of the fastest growing companies on the planet?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is hiring Senior Solution Architects to help customers accelerate their adoption of Microsoft workloads on to the AWS platform.
AWS is at the forefront of embracing new ways of doing things, making decisions quickly, and not afraid to fail. We have the scope and capabilities of a large company, and the spirit and heart of a start-up. The solution architecture community in AWS is seen at the forefront of working with customers to help them make generational changes, in their core workloads as they embrace and move them to the cloud.
As a solution architect it is imperative you can build and develop trust as they make these system and architecture changes. You will be working with some of the largest companies on the planet, to start-ups who are building the next generation of application which have an impact on society. If you have the ambition and skills to be part of the Solutions Architecture Team in AWS we would like to hear from you.
Key job responsibilities
Your broad responsibilities will include:
· Be able to understand in detail Microsoft technologies and advise customers on best practice and thought leadership.
· Act as a thought leader to help customers understand the value proposition of the AWS platform and influence key decision makers in shaping decisions in adopting Microsoft technology on the AWS platform.
· You will be responsible for accelerating customer adoption of Microsoft workloads on AWS by helping customers understand best practices for Microsoft technologies on AWS. You will have specific experience with MS SQL concepts, design, consolidation and availability.
· You will help customers navigate complex Microsoft licensing scenarios, allowing customers to optimize their licensing position to obtain the maximum return on investment in the AWS cloud. In addition you will have experience on migration methodologies to help customer develop the right outcome for their environment.
· You will be responsible for developing and communicating the Microsoft on AWS capability, to both the internal AWS communities and externally through blog posts, webinars, presentations,events white papers and reference architectures.
An ideal candidate will have deep expertise in at least two areas
· Windows Server & Virtualization (admin including clustering/storage, such as Storage Spaces, Hyper-V/ESXi/Azure Stack)
· Data Centre transformation and migration, including to Cloud, with Microsoft workloads
· MS SQL Server (architecture, including HA/clustering, such as Always On)
· Active Directory
· PowerShell development (Azure, SQL Server, Windows Admin / engineer level)
· Customer facing experience
· Public speaking at events (Local language as well as English)
· Business level local language and English
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent industry experience
· AWS Certified Solution Architect - Associate
· MCSA, MCSD, and/or MCSE
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.