Come build the future with us!
With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation. This is your chance to make history.
The Senior Vendor Manager (SVM) position is for a passionate customer and category advocate within Amazon, with proven analytical capabilities and project management skills, great attention to detail, and the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task and a proven record of driving category growth. The SVM must be an effective leader and communicator in working with some of amazon's most important partners and vendors, as well as with internal colleagues and cross-functional leaders. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for retail and a high level of flexibility and commitment.
Ever since Amazon opened its virtual doors, our aim has been to become the most customer-centric company in the world. How? By having people like you who make sure that our customers can find everything that they are looking for online – at great value and convenience. Immerse yourself in an environment that is fast-paced, growing and continuously innovating to offer great opportunities for our customers and for you!
The Consumables team are looking for dedicated Senior Vendor Management candidates that have a proven track record of delivering results. They will play a critical role in managing strategic and established FMCG brands to drive the profitability and topline performance for their category.
About the team:
We create shopping experiences that help to change the way customers think about the things they purchase most frequently, including groceries, health, and beauty items. We drive business growth and innovation for the online sale of everything from dog food to doorstops, and razors to raisins. We are developing products and customer experiences that have the potential to significantly change how people shop – like Amazon Fresh and Prime Now, both ideas born out of consumables.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Act as the ‘business owner’ for assigned vendors/categories, possessing a complete understanding of the strategic context of internal and external variables that impact your business. This entails owning forecasting, monitoring, reporting on the business, along with contributing to driving projects and promotional strategy to achieve business goals.
· Have a thorough understanding of the industry, seasonality and business trends/events, and continually monitor competitor/industry developments
· Lead effective negotiations with vendors to establish joint goals, improve cost structure, and sustainably grow the P&L
· As an innovator within the company, you will influence the design of your category, as well as contribute to new product groups and improve the customer experience to deliver further growth
· Create business plans for new opportunities and develop and execute project plans for the launch of new features, incorporating merchandising and pricing strategies
· Work cross-functionally with counterparts across in-stock management, marketing, finance, Amazon programs, and retail systems to operate and grow the business
· Concisely represent your business to senior Amazon leaders through reporting, business reviews, financial planning sessions, and escalations
· Conduct financial analysis of business opportunities to meet and exceed revenue and profitability targets
· Continually improve and automate manual processes to enable you and your team to scale better as the business grows
For this position, we expect:
· University degree in a business relevant field
· Experience with P&L responsibility
· Experience with vendor negotiations, pricing and promotion, inventory management, and product development
· Relevant senior level experience in retail, operations, consulting and/or business management with a proven history of delivering results
· Demonstrated data-driven decision making or quantitative analysis skills
· Strong negotiation skills
· Excellent English and German written and verbal communication skills
Further qualifications would be a plus:
· Proficient in Excel and SQL
· Experience leading complex projects through multiple life cycles
· Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
· Ability to estimate project cost and return on investment
· High attention to detail, comfortable with “hands-on” management of tasks, and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
Curious to learn more? Here are some videos with first hand experience of what a vendor manager does:
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation or any other assistance, please let the recruiting team know and they will support you with the necessary actions throughout the interview process.
Did you know that Amazon is offering various jobs in part-time? If you want to apply, please filter for “part-time” in the job type search section on amazon.jobs.