Alexa Search’s mission is to enable customers to interact with unstructured and semi-structured content via a broad range of mechanisms that include Question Answering (Q&A), Summarization, Search, and Multi-Turn Dialogues. Alexa Search services are powered by scalable information systems and cutting-edge machine learning and conversational AI technologies. You might have interacted with services developed by Alexa Search team when you asked Alexa
· factoid questions (“Alexa, how healthy is orange juice”)
· open-ended questions that require a summary in order to be answered (“Alexa, what’s happening in Afghanistan”)
· or when Alexa keeps you informed with latest updates by recommending you a news story of potential interest (“Alexa, How old is Diego Maradona”)
· or questions in a foreign language
We are encouraged by the positive reaction these services have elicited from our customers but we believe that there is much more to be done and we are working on transforming Alexa into a trusted, highly knowledgeable partner who can assist customers meet all their information needs while interacting with Alexa in the way that comes most natural to them.
What you should expect when you join the Alexa Search team?
· High visibility project: Work on products used by millions of people, including friends and family.
· Fast-paced organization: Join a fast-growing organization that takes pride in its record of delivery and ability to solve complex science and engineering challenges. Contribute to our unique, highly diverse team culture, which is rated high on internal satisfaction surveys across Amazon.
· Technologies: Java, Python, Lucene, Elastic Search, MXNet, TensorFlow (but we are not dogmatic about technology choices)
· BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or related technical field
· 5+ years experience of hands-on software development
· Excellent programming skills in at least one modern programming language
· Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals (algorithms, data structures and problem solving)
· Proficiency using Object Oriented Design and common design pattern
· Experience contributing to the architecture and design of new and existing systems.
· Experience with machine learning toolkits
· Experience with NLP algorithms and libraries
· Experience working with common Big Data infrastructure systems, such as Hadoop, Spark, EMR
· Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts