Come join Amazon Web Services as a Software Development Manager of a new team in Berlin. This team will help create the next generation of developer tools for our customers. Your team is part of a diverse and distributed organization that creates and owns solutions that help customers turning ideas into well working deployed code. Your team will help drive a shift in how applications are developed, tested, built, and deployed in the next years.
A successful candidate will therefore bring deep software development expertise, ability to create and manage successful teams, have strong business intuition, and think broadly to identify visionary products that customers will love.
You will work in a domain where technology meets people. With your team you will enable customers to collaboratively build world class software with confidence. Therefore, understanding the needs of development teams and translating those into an enjoyable experience will be your team’s goal.
The role requires you to be able to lead the software development life-cycle of systems and services which include the following responsibilities:
· Deliver project roadmap on-time, communicating clearly with team, management, and stakeholders
· Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to senior leadership
· Work closely with senior engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
· Contribute to and lead design, architecture, process and development discussions
· Hire, coach, and mentor individuals; build a strong cross-functional organization and care about developing people
· Foster culture of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
· Effectively partner with other service teams to ensure high velocity and upmost reliability of their services
· Be a technical visionary and customer advocate that can distil and communicate technical concepts to the team and other stakeholders
· Collaborate with and learn from world leaders in distributed systems development and operation
If you're passionate about developer experiences and want to dive deep into cloud computing, this is an excellent opportunity for you to do both. You will work with your development team and closely collaborate with product managers and large-scale customers. Together we will help development teams be better and get the most out of the AWS cloud.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Most days, our entire team is co-located in the Berlin office, but we’re also flexible when people occasionally need to work from home. We generally keep core in-office hours from 10am to 4pm.
Mentorship & Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior employees truly enjoy mentoring more junior employees from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring.
Inclusive Team Culture
Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Yes we do get to build really cool services, but we also think a big reason for that is the inclusive and welcoming culture we try to cultivate every day.
We’re looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we’ve been building.
· 5+ years of experience as a software manager for fast growing and/or complex software solutions
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders
· Hands on experience with professional software engineering and DevOps practices, including best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience building scalable infrastructure and distributed systems
· Experience in designing and building sophisticated fault-tolerant distributed systems
· Hands on experience building web platforms and services