The AWS Commerce Platform - Agreements team is looking for a Software Development Manager (SDM) to join our team in Berlin.
AWS Commerce Platform (CP) provides the back and front-end services that enable AWS service teams to sell and AWS customers to purchase AWS services and understand and manage their infrastructure costs. Because we sit at the nexus of all AWS services and end customers, we work closely across all AWS teams to ensure that we offer a great customer experience.
As an SDM in the Agreements group, you will lead and develop a team and own a set of services end to end, from design to maintenance. You’ll help shaping the AWS end-to-end billing processes and evolve the systems that are the backbone of any purchase or subscription to AWS services.
You will set the vision for your space, work closely with internal customers, define strategy and roadmap, manage the operations of your systems and represent your team in large programs with cross-organizational impact. This role requires you to be a collaborative and curious self starter and will allow you to propose and drive innovation to improve customer experience across many stakeholders.
We don’t expect you to be an expert in billing, but we do expect you to be excited to learn about it!
We care about career growth and will try to find the right scope for you to innovate on behalf our customers and advance your own development.
Our team is family oriented and values work-life balance. We provide flexibility with a mix of being co-located in the office and working from home. While we sometimes have to work in the late afternoon or early evening to collaborate with our partners and clients in the US, we offer flexible working hours in return.
Our group in Berlin has been founded about four years ago and we have been growing as a diverse group with people from all over the world ever since. We are looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic and reliable, someone to help maintain a positive team culture while building for our customers.
· Proven track record of hiring and managing high performing engineering teams.
· 4+ years experience managing software engineering teams building and operating scalable, distributed applications.
· 6+ years of experience working with software development teams (as an engineer or engineering manager).
· Track record of taking ownership and delivering engineering projects to production.
· Ability to deeply understand the technical details of a problem and foster collaboration to get to a path forward.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.