The Software Engineer is responsible for the development of software for use in ophthalmic products, including design, implementation, and testing of software. Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
• Responsible for implementation, unit testing, and integration of testing of software modules. Uses version control software. Participates in code reviews, and documents testing activities.
• Support SQA and possibly other departments during software validation.
• Work must be performed according to company standards. In particular, the Software Development Standard Operating Procedure (SDSOP) must be followed.
• May need to work together with hardware designers in order to obtain optimum system performance.
• May participate in software requirements analysis.
• May provide inputs for software project planning.
• Two (2) years related experience is a plus.
• Knowledge of C++ or C#.
• Understand general use of some design patterns
• Understand client/server and distributed computing
• Understand refactoring concepts
• Development in WPF, MVVM, WCF, and WF is a plus.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.