The Amazon Alexa Auto team is seeking an experienced and passionate Solutions Architect to work with our global automotive supplier partners on their journey to build next generation voice in-cabin experiences.
As a Solutions Architect in the Alexa Auto team supporting global automotive suppliers, you will work closely with the global business development team to establish technical credibility for Alexa Automotive. You will interact with partners, capture and convey best architectural practices and provide guidance and support to implement Alexa in vehicles, via direct partner interaction, development of technical content, and participating in events/evangelism/training. You will also help drive the evolution of the Alexa Automotive technologies by providing direct input and feedback from the field to the engineering and product teams who are developing the Alexa Automotive offering. You will apply your expertise to facilitate experimentation, create scale, and accelerate adoption of voice-forward experiences in the vehicle, becoming the trusted advisor of big and small organisations that are inventing the future of voice-first experiences in the cabin with Alexa Auto.
This role represents a unique opportunity to join a fast-moving team that has the global responsibility of building solid trust-based relationships with key partners around the world that share a passion and a vision for the future of voice in the car. The ideal candidate has past experience working as a systems engineer, developer or technical architect of advanced consumer electronics, and a strong understanding of the various interactions between the different systems and signals that coexist in an automotive infotainment system. You will need to be able to manage multiple relationships, while also having the capability to dive deep and work on complex technical issues. You must possess a unique combination of deep technical knowledge and business acumen to ensure that our partners are able to take full advantage of Alexa Auto and are delivering a delightful end user experience together with the global automotive OEMs.
· A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related technical discipline
· Relevant years of experience in the design and development of complex IT systems
· Experience working in the automotive industry
· Experience in a customer-facing, sales-aligned role such as consultant, pre-sales engineer or solutions architect
· An advanced degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related technical discipline
· Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units to achieve results
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
· Deep understanding of automotive in-vehicle-infotainment (IVI) system architecture
· Previous experience developing software targeting Android, QNX or embedded Linux
· Experience with speech-related hardware systems · Experience in the voice processing, portable device or personal digital assistant industry
Are you interested? We look forward to receiving your English application. Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.