The Amazon Development Center in Dresden, Germany, is building the foundation of the Amazon EC2 virtualization platforms. Our teams are responsible for the development and maintenance of the Amazon hypervisors and Linux Kernels that make up the engine of the Amazon EC2 compute servers. The Dresden based teams also own the development and support of the Linux operating system kernel and the supporting user space components running on almost every Amazon Server worldwide. Being part of Amazon means constantly driving innovation and working on complex technical challenges every day.
What is Amazon EC2? https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/
Check out this video to see what the office looks like and how beautiful the Dresden area is: https://youtu.be/NyJQL6keFBA
If you are passionate about developing software, and you want to build solutions to challenging problems that directly reach millions of people, there may be no better place than Amazon for you to impact the world!
We are looking for a System Development Engineer to work on the lowest layer of Amazon EC2 software stack, touching the Linux kernel and our Hypervisors.
You will develop, maintain and keep secure the foundational components of Amazon EC2. You will monitor live operation metrics to ensure that we are delivering the best experience to our customers at any time.
· BS in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
· More than 5 years of experience maintaining Linux packages
· Programming experience in C and scripting laguages like Ruby, Python or Bash
Proficiency in the German language is not required for this position.
· Experience in virtualization (Xen, KVM) technologies.
· Experience developing CI and testing automation system.
· Experience in maintaining a Linux distribution (RPM or Deb)
· Experience with distribution build systems.
· Experience in finding and fixing security issues.
· Experience in mentoring and growing team members.
· Strong desire to build, a sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.