The Sr. Manager, Americas Surgical & Refractive Professional Education is responsible for professional education of SUR and REF business sectors in the Americas. This is a highly visible position that is accountable for Professional Education subordinates, and is expected to interface with a variety of internal employees, healthcare professionals, and key vendor partners in ophthalmology.
• Directly manage at least one employee to assist with professional education in the Americas, ensuring alignment with global strategy. Includes direct participation in hiring, development and termination decisions, as required
• Manage allocated budget for SUR and REF education in Americas. Collaborate with Director and Sr. Managers, Post Approval Studies for appropriate engagement with various KOLs and institutions
• Develop strong partnerships with industry medical education providers that align with targeted customer populations; work to manage appropriate Zeiss support of joint efforts
• Develop education curriculums and consistent learning objectives/clinical messaging hierarchies across SUR and REF business sectors, to ensure alignment with global downstream efforts and fellow professional education team
• Evaluate education programs consistently in tactic-by-tactic efforts as well as annual business impact; work with vendors to develop high-quality and objective performance measurements to ensure the achievement of organizational goals and performance benchmarks targeting Zeiss commercial growth
• Refine and implement strategic goals and undergo regular evaluation of current programs to confirm that the needs of current and potential customers are being met and that programs and service offerings align with division and business sector strategic goals
• Facilitate collaboration, best practices, and cooperation across programs and across necessary departments within SUR, REF, ODX, and Manager, US Optometry and Teaching Institution Engagement
• Collaborate with the Marketing teams of SUR and REF (global as needed, high collaboration with US SSC) sectors to align clinical messaging hierarchies and provide visibility of initiatives
• Build strong relationship with KOLs, medical community, including teaching institutions and related healthcare professionals focused on identifying needs and providing solutions as pertaining to the Zeiss mission
• 5 years’ experience managing relationships with key opinion leaders, preferably in OPT industry
• 3 years’ minimum experience managing staff
• Demonstrated success in healthcare marketing or education, OPT industry preferred
• Highly motivated and demonstrably results-oriented, with strong business understanding to align with overall organizational goals
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at once
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Embracing of core ZEISS mission and those of Medical Affairs & Professional Education
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.