At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one. A day to take a first step. A day to look forward to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life. And your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon.
Do you see a clear path where others see roadblocks? Would you rather break the mould to do something right than settle for the status quo? What if you could use your creativity to change the direction of the entire transportation and delivery sector to raise the bar on customer experience? Here is your opportunity: Amazon is looking for a customer-focused, detail-oriented, experienced Senior Manager to lead Fleet Management and Programs in Amazon Transportation Services.
In this role, you will drive the vision to build one of the largest transportation fleets in EU that will include both tractors and trailers . The role will also be the interface for Amazon Transportation Services across operations, transportation authorities, technology, product development and supply chain, responsible for scoping and defining the projects and determining the implementation plan to meet our customers’ needs while satisfying performance, network stability, capacity and budget goals in EU.
The responsibilities of a Sr. Manager, Fleet Management and Programs are:
· Own the development and execution of the long-term strategy for fleet management in EU, with a focus on safety and sustainability.
· Work cross-functionality with senior internal and external stakeholders to influence and align on mutually beneficial program roadmaps, holding partners accountable to meeting program timelines.
· Accountable for CAPEX and OPEX budgets worth over greater than €150 MM annually, and responsible for adherence to financial targets.
· Implement robust mechanisms and work methodologies to track, validate and improve the ability to meet program goals.
· Spearhead the development of standard work across different teams in the value stream, and identify opportunities to use technology/automation to improve processes.
· Advise product and technology partners on business requirements for efficient fleet management.
· Foster a culture of innovation allowing the team to implement new ideas and deliver incremental value with pace and at scale.
· Lead a team of program leads, and be a manager of managers. Employ best in class hiring practices to develop a large, high performing team in support of efficient scaling of the fleet YoY.
· Partner with the Finance team on identifying opportunities for cost savings, and going after them in a targeted fashion.
· Responsible for managing all elements of the projects, including organizing and planning, estimating, managing resources, tracking and controlling projects, managing risk & opportunity, managing quality, communicating & documenting, and change management
· Own metrics and performance indicators related to fleet initiatives to measure overall performance and provide foundation for continuous improvement.
· Completed Bachelors Degree.
· Experience in leadership positions in Supply Chain, Finance, Operations, Logistics or Transportation functions.
· Proven Program Management experience in a related industry, or managing transportation fleets.
· Experience managing a team, and being a leader of leaders.
· Experience managing competing priorities across a wide range of stakeholder
· Fluent in English.
· Master’s degree or equivalent in Logistics / Supply Chain / Transportation/ Industrial Engineering.
· Experience in a similar role, ideally in a fast-paced industrial, logistics, production/manufacturing.
· Experience in supply chain management and transportation.
· Fluency in German, Italian, Spanish, French, or other European languages
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.