Are you looking for the opportunity to have a major impact on cutting edge technology used by millions of people every day? The Amazon Deals team is looking for a Sr. Technical Program Manager to work on our worldwide feature that helps Amazon customers find great deals on great products.
Amazon Deals are an integral part of the Amazon shopping experience and we are a key element of events like Prime Day. Our features are used by hundreds of millions of customers and we are responsible for the multi-billion dollar Deals business. We partner with teams throughout the Amazon ecosystem to optimize deal ingestion, to enhance classification and ranking of deals, to expand deal discovery throughout the site, and to raise the bar for the best customer experience on mobile app, web, desktop.
We love to work with smart, solution-oriented people that have a strong sense of ownership and customer obsession. We are passionate about building well-designed, robust and scalable software to deliver inspiring user experiences that delight our customers. We offer the opportunity to work with cutting-edge UI technologies and tools, on innovative and sophisticated features that customers love, as part of a team of passionate and experienced professionals in the multi-cultural environment of the Amazon Development Center in Berlin.
We’re looking for a Sr. Technical Program Manager who has demonstrated the ability to deliver cross functional projects in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment, managing multiple programs at the same time. In this role you’ll be responsible for owning the delivery of innovative, mission critical, high volume platform services that support the user experience of Amazon customers. You’ll partner closely with geographically dispersed business, product and engineering teams throughout Amazon to define and execute against our roadmap on an aggressive schedule.
You should have a strong sense of ownership, bias for action, agility, and creativity, while being able to dive deep into technical details when required. If you enjoy solving complex problems and tackling tough challenges, we’d love to hear from you!
· 4+ years project and program management experience for software engineering teams building scalable, distributed applications
· Knowledge of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, and software design
· Deep hands-on technical expertise in at least one major technical area: large scale full stack development, building complex distributed systems, designing massive global networks
· Prior experience as a Software Engineer
· Experience defining, prioritizing and executing a clear roadmap in an agile environment
· Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to drive consensus
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 7+ years project and program management experience for software engineering teams building scalable, distributed applications
· Experience using Amazon Web Services
· Experience with Scrum or Agile development
· Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.