- Identify, explore and validate existing and future technologies for x-ray microscopy.
- Be the expert resource for x-ray physics and imaging solutions to support R&D teams during product and solution development in in the field of x-ray microscopy and CT.
- Foster a network to top-level universities and research-labs worldwide.
- Perform complex simulations of x-ray microscopes and CT systems.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of projects and communicate with project teams.
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
- Support and mentor visiting students and interns.
- Ph. D. in physics, theoretical physics, mathematics, engineering or related field.
- Proven track record in the field of x-ray physics, preferably in an international context.
- Strong theoretical background and a drive for experiment based verification.
- Expertise in simulation and modeling of x-ray physics.
- Experience with x-ray microscopes and CT applications.
- Experience with scientific software and simulation packages
- Ability to work independently and self-motivated
- Strong communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Willingness to work in a globally distributed team.
With more than 25,000 employees, ZEISS is one of the global leaders in the optical and optoelectronic industries and has been contributing to technological progress for 170 years. ZEISS develops and distributes lithography optics, measuring technology, microscopes, medical technology, eyeglass lenses, camera and cine lenses, binoculars and planetarium technology.
If you are interested in this position, please send us your application using the link at the bottom of this page, indicating your earliest possible entry date.
We are an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer.