The Staff Systems Design Engineer will architect, design, specify and validate systems and subsystems; develop algorithms; and contribute to overall system architecture and design.
• Work extensively with Marketing and Engineering to define, analyze, detail, and document specifications for tradeoffs, performance, features, controls, and operation of products into a form suitable for product implementation.
• Contribute to the designs as required; this may include development, verification, and validation of algorithms.
• Lead system integration of the specialist areas of a product.
• Plan and conduct in-depth reviews, testing and verifications/validation of product features.
• Critically analyze and verify system performance through simulation, test, and measurements.
• Specify and develop improvements or enhancements to existing products and champion implementation if necessary.
• Provide technical direction at systems level to other team members
• A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience required.
• Experience in image processing techniques and/or optical systems design two (2) plus years experience in system specification tradeoffs, development and integration of complex products, preferably medical electronic instruments.
• Demonstrated ability to work with Marketing and with other engineering groups in resolving design trade-offs.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to adapt quickly to change and work in a rapidly changing environment.
• Knowledge of or prior work experience in one or more of the following subject areas would be helpful:
• Medical electronic instruments, ophthalmic instruments, imaging or non-imaging optics, image processing, machine vision systems, human vision, modeling and simulation tools (MATLAB, Martrixx, Mathematica), PC applications and OEM integration, Displays, medical safety/regulatory agency compliance testing and requirements.
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.
We are an EEO/AAA/Veterans/Disabled Employer