Do you find satisfaction in understanding how your expertise enables our business applications and by that is able to Power Climate Smarter Living? Are you a natural leader who thrives on connecting people and is driven by the urge to always find better and more efficient ways of delivering services to the customer? Then this might be the position for you!
For our team System Design & Delivery, part of Vattenfall IT, we are now looking for an ambitious
Your Job as System Manager (f/m/d)
As System Manager you will ensure the operational performance, stability, scalability, security and continuous refinement of a chain of interconnected systems and applications that enables our external call centre partners in Germany and provides them with reliable access to our business applications. In this context, you feel inspired by the opportunity to “build bridges” and “reach across” multiple technology domains stretching from our Citrix virtualization platform and its underlying infrastructure to packaged client applications, load-balances, orchestration layers, firewall and diverse network connectivity solutions. You are willing to jump into action if a service interruption occurs and you thrive in evaluating strategic options for valuable monitoring extensions. Gradually, your new Vattenfall colleagues from business and IT will perceive you as an empowered System Chain Manager with full end-to-end responsibilities.
To succeed in this role, you should be self-driven, exact, analytic, critical and know how to prioritize. You have the social competence and ability to understand both the IT technology as well as the objectives of the Business. You always challenge yourself and others on how to improve, are open to suggestions from others, but can also give suggestions yourself. You will need to be able to work independently in an international team which meets more virtually than physically.
- Being End-to-End responsible for the service delivery, which supports a critical business process.
- Acting as the bridge between IT and business counterparts to translate business objectives to technical requirements.
- Ensuring stable operations of the system components in the chain.
- Steering of incident, change and maintenance processes in collaboration with the involved IT support teams.
- Ensuring compliance to Vattenfall’s operational and security processes.
- Doing the yearly business planning for applications, in cooperation with internal peers.
- Following-up on service level agreement fulfilment, incident, performance, and storage reporting.
- KPI follow up to all connected Service Level Agreements.
- Coordinating the setup and closing down of SLAs.
- Handling of licenses and agreements connected to our applications.
Your Profile as System Manager (f/m/d)
- Bachelor’s degree or similar in (Business) Information Technology.
- Experience in comparable end-to-end System Manager role for a chain of interconnected systems.
- Experience in a large international enterprise environment.
- Very good communication skills.
- Experience in working with ITIL processes (Incident / Change / Problem / Config).
- Can work under pressure.
- Ability to translate technical matters into simple understandable language.
- German: Native or native-like speaker.
- English: Fluent, both spoken and written.
- Knowledge of Citrix is a pre.
- Good understanding of IT security is a pre.
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps to build a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of age, religion, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
What we offer
We offer an exciting and challenging job where you work close to business as well as to technology. You will have the chance to broaden your area of expertise even more and gain a solid understanding of the energy utility business as well. Vattenfall wants to be your employer of choice and offers excellent primary and fringe benefits. Besides being a challenging and inspiring place to work, we value a great work atmosphere. We want to be the best in what we do. We offer good remuneration, attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional growth:
- An unlimited contract
- An office in Berlin
- Working from home
- Flexible working hours including part time contracts
- 30 days of vacation leave
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Vattenfall IT is the internal provider of IT for the entire Vattenfall Group. With around 1.400 employees located in Germany, Poland, the Netherlands and Sweden we contribute to our international business success. We are now looking for a new System Manager to support the Systems Design & Delivery team, which is a part of the Dedicated Services department and responsible for the technical operation of all server-based applications.
Due to COVID-19 we adapted our application process to the current conditions. Interviews regarding this position will be conducted via video conference. Do you have any questions about the application process or how we deal with COVID-19? Please visit our generic FAQ page
For further questions regarding this position please contact hiring manager Cejay Sam-Sin, +31 627 845 183. For information about the recruitment process, you are welcome to contact recruiter Carina Böhle, +49 40 79022 1623.
Please apply directly with your English CV and cover letter through our website.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Since Vattenfall is part of the Swedish critical infrastructure many of our positions are security classed. If this position is security classed the final candidates can be subject to a Security Vetting process, according to Swedish legislation.