Assignment period:02/01/2021 - 01/31/2024
Type of employment:part-time
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a state owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ International Services (InS) is an integral division of GIZ. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.
GIZ International Services is shortlisted for the EU funded tender: “Technical and Logistical Assistance for the Organisation of the Policy Forum on Development (2021-2023)” in Brussels.
The overall objective of the project of which this contract will be a part is as follows:
To assist the European Commission in facilitating spaces for dialogue (in-person and virtual) and consultations at global and regional level with civil society networks, associations of local authorities and EU institutions and Member States, mainly through the Policy Forum on Development (PFD), and ad hoc consultations. To support the European Commission in the drafting of regular updates on policy issues related to and raised by civil society and associations of local authorities and contribute in background papers.
The PFD needs to adapt to the quickly developing digital reality and, consequently, regular online activities will take place to guarantee continuous consultation with PFD members and beyond when required by the Contracting Authority.
Qualifications and skills
- At least a university degree (Master or equivalent) in one of these fields: political science, international relations, international law, social sciences, economics, or relevant discipline for the assignment.
- Excellent knowledge of English and of French or Spanish, both spoken and written
- Excellent drafting skills.
General professional experience
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in development cooperation.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in fields related to civil society and/or local authorities in development processes.
Specific professional experience
- At least 3 assignments as a team leader of a team of international experts. These assignments, combined together, will cover a period of minimum 5 years.
- Experience of at least three years in managing projects to enhance civil society and/or local authorities’ capacity in participation in policy processes and/or dialogues with international organisations and/or state actors.
- Experience in designing and conducting studies and analysis in fields related to this project.
- Field experience in any EU partner countries will be considered as an asset.
The experts will be allowed to work home based. Their usual place of work will be considered as their normal place of posting. The normal place of posting of the Key experts will be defined by the contractor in their methodology. The experts are expected to be available for meetings in Brussels with DEVCO colleagues, travel expenses to Brussels are included in the incidental costs.
Start date & period of implementation
The intended start date is February 2021 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 36 months from this date (600 working days).
Please understand that we can accept and process applications in principle only, via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some providers classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disabilities, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
Please send us an updated CV in EuropeAid format in English.
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.
+49 6196 79-2361