Assignment period:01/01/2021 - 06/30/2023
Type of employment:full-time
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a service enterprise for development cooperation with international operations and global experience. Owned by the Federal Republic of Germany, the organisation operates as a private-sector enterprise with a development policy mandate: to make sustainable improvements to the living conditions of people in the countries we operate in. The organisation’s business area - GIZ International Services - is the vehicle for offering GIZ’s services to international clients.
Currently, GIZ International Services is preparing to bid for the EU funded project “ASEAN Regional Integration Support - Indonesia Trade-Related Assistance (ARISE Plus-Indonesia)”.
ARISE Plus-Indonesia aims to contribute to Indonesia's improving trade performance and competitiveness. The programme provides capacity strengthening in the four priority areas: (1) trade and investment policies,
(2) trade facilitation,
(3) export quality infrastructure, and
(4) IPR focusing on Geographical Indications (GI).
The programme also provides technical assistance as part of a rapid response facility to address trade related issues emerging from the negotiations of and initial phase of the implementation of the EU-Indonesia CEPA or other arising trade issues. Furthermore, it aims to enhance country-level interventions closely linked to the regional ARISE Plus programme, which supports regional, economic integration and trade in ASEAN.
Technical assistance to the ASEAN Regional Integration Support - Indonesia Trade-Related Assistance (ARISE Plus - Indonesia) programme has been provided since January 2019. The technical assistance services procured via this tender aim at achieving objectives and expected results of the ARISE Plus-Indonesia in parallel to the ongoing contract in supporting specific activities in the areas mentioned above and as defined annually in the annual work plans of the programme.
The Team Leader will be the primary contact for the EU as the Contracting Authority as well as for the Government Indonesia and the involved institutions. She/he will be expected to provide leadership to the Project Team, take responsibility for the coordinated and efficient implementation of the various components and manage the work of the expert team. The Team Leader will work closely with target groups and partners, under the authority of the EU Delegation.
Qualifications and skills:
- Master’s Degree in business, economics, law or another relevant field, preferably with a focus on trade;
- Ability to understand the political environment and build strong relationships with the government, national authorities and institutions to achieve results;
- Proven track record of professional experience in managing multicultural teams of technical specialists with strong facilitation, leadership and communication skills;
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written;
General professional experience:
- At least 10 years of professional experience in trade and investment policy implementation, among these at least five years in developing countries or emerging markets;
- At least 3 years of experience in managing international project teams;
Specific professional experience:
- Strong experience in reforming trade and investment regulation in developing countries;
- Solid track record in capacity development for senior governmental level with focus on trade and investment policy making, regulations on foreign direct investment and the negotiation of trade agreements;
- Strong experience in facilitating dialogue and interaction of multiple public and private sector stakeholders;
- Experience in Value Chain Development and Quality Assurance for Export Promotion is desired;
- Experience with EU-funded projects would be a strong asset;
- Experience in South Asia and specifically in Indonesia is desirable.
Please note that the European Union has not yet the detailed Terms of Reference for this project. Therefore, location, start date and duration of the projects as well as tasks of and requirements for the position may be subject to change.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam. GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.
+49 6196 79-3039