What if you could use your creativity to change the direction of the entire transportation and delivery sector while raising the bar on customer experience.
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth, including how we fulfill and handle customer orders throughout the entire Transportation network. The Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) Team handles the transportation network for Amazon, ensuring that the customer orders, no matter how large or small, are delivered as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible. To meet this goal, ATS is continually striving to innovate and provide best in class experience through the introduction of new products and services in the middle mile space.
We are looking for a dynamic, detail-oriented, organized self-starter to join as to join as a Transportation Manager for the Middle Mile team to direct a team of Business Coaches who organize Linehaul Service Provider (LSP) relationships and ensure they are set up to succeed. This person will develop the team defining the strategy to handle the relationship with LSP.
As a member of the Linehaul team, you will be part of a business that is focused on building a logistics network that serves Amazon’s customers’ growing need for speed and accuracy, building and managing a growing stable of logistics partners, while creating technology and tools to reshape how we deliver for customers.
We are seeking bar-raising candidates who are able to:
· Build and Maintain best in class support for LSPs with scalable tracking process
· Partner with cross functional stakeholders to promote a culture of professional service
· Support the growth of Amazon transport network
· Ensure all the processes are compliant with local regulations and standards
· Identify, develop and improve strategies for the LSP onboarding and training process
· Look at continuous improvement while these businesses scale up
· Provide reports to leaders of health and training proficiency on regular basis (using Excel, Access, SQL and or other data management systems)
The ideal candidate:
· Is fluent in English and German
· Has solid oral and written communication skills, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively and quickly problem-solve
· Has 7+ years of experience in account management, vendor management or supplier management within a cross-functional organization
· Has 4+ years of direct management experience ideally from manufacturing, production or distribution environment
· Has demonstrated leadership skills when confronted with difficult situations and exhibited the ability to keep the team focused and motivated
· Has proven ability to influence others and sound business judgment
· Has an entrepreneurial mindset, with the motivation to develop ideas freely and thrive in an innovative environment
· Has experience as a transportation customer or as transportation provider
· Has a bachelor's degree (or equivalent)
· Is able to travel approximately 25% to 35% on average depending on business projects
· Solid negotiation skills
· Proven problem-solving, mathematics and investigative skills using data to improve decisions in a business environment
· Previous experience of delivering results, setting strategy, and running a large volume and high profile business
· Advanced Excel skills
· Fluency in French, Polish, or other European languages
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.