As a research scientist, you will use your experience to initiate the design, development, execution and implementation of scientific research projects. Working closely with fellow research scientists and product managers, you will use your experience in modeling, statistics, and simulation to design models of new policies, simulate their performance, and evaluate their benefits and impacts to cost, reliability, and speed of our fulfillment network.
Our teams are looking for experience in network and combinatorial optimization, algorithms, data structures, statistics, and/or machine learning. This position requires superior analytical thinking, and ability to apply their technical and statistical knowledge to identify opportunities for real world applications. You should be able to mine and analyze large data, and be able to use necessary programming and statistical analysis software/tools to do so.
We are hiring for the following team in Berlin:
Team Name: Berlin Alexa NLU
Domain / Research Focus: Natural Language Understanding
Team Description: The Berlin Alexa AI team’s mission is to deliver a product that allows customers to build Natural Language Understanding (NLU) models fast and efficient, supported by a user-friendly environment that allows for experimentation. We own model builds and are working on multiple ongoing research science topics such as model accuracy improvement, model trustworthy and robustness assessment.
· Experience with SQL and Statistical/mathematical programming software packages (e.g., R, SPSS, CPLEX, LONDO or Xpress, etc.).
· Experience in problem solving and data analytics.
· Fluency in at least one programming or scripting language (e.g., Python, Java, C, C++)
· Demonstrated deep expertise in at least oneof the related science disciplines (optimization – LP, MIP, Statistics, Machine Learning, Process Control, Combinatorial Optimization)
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Experience working with data mining on large datasets (“big data”).
This is not a remote internship opportunity.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Applicants who apply for this job will allow Amazon to process your application in a centralized hiring system that considers you for other similar openings as well
EU Student Programs Team