Assignment period:11/01/2020 - 12/31/2022
Type of employment:full- or part-time
GIZ is a service enterprise for development cooperation with international operations and global experience. GIZ operates as a private-sector enterprise with a development policy mandate to make sustainable improvements to the living conditions of people in the countries we operate in. GIZ is implementing the Support to Local Governance (LoGo II) Program in the provinces of Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) of Pakistan. The program has been designed to support the local governments in KP and Punjab towards having regulatory, personnel and financial prerequisites for effective delivery of public services. LoGo is implemented by the GIZ on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
- Providing advisory support to the various tax and revenue related departments at provincial and local level
- Developing and implementing strategies for improving the methods and processes of voluntary compliance by counterpart revenue institutions
- Support the team leader of work cluster Domestic Resource Mobilization in developing annual work plans as well as the monitoring of ongoing activities
- Development of contract documents for consultancies and financing agreements as per the requirements of GIZ Pakistan Country Office and Headquarters
- Frequent field visits to support project implementation and to maintain active liaison with key project counterparts
- Supervising the work of external consultants engaged by the project
- Advising on the institutionalization of training of counterpart staff in close collaboration with other work clusters within the LoGo-II program
- Supporting innovation, knowledge management and communicating innovations to relevant stakeholders
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Public Administration, Management or equivalent
- Experience of working as a technical advisor on decentralization and tax reform in developing countries
- Excellent communication and knowledge transfer skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Demonstrated analytical, negotiation, cross-cultural and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with technical assistance supported by different entities
- Fluency in English and German
- The capital Islamabad is noted for its high standard of living, abundant greenery and safety. As a planned city, it was founded in the Potohar Plateau at the Himalayan foothills and surrounded by reservoirs in the 1960s
- Temperatures are more moderate than in the rest of the country
- Islamabad is very clean and quiet and offers attractive leisure and sports facilities.
- Pakistan is a family-friendly location. International schools and kindergartensM
- edical care and English-speaking doctors are available in Islamabad, Lahore and Karachi
- Pakistan's overwhelming scenic beauty is attracting more and more tourists, and it is becoming a popular destination for international backpackers
- The country also offers many domestic flights and a partially well-developed road network.
The security situation is tense. Tailored security risk mitigation measures are in place for GIZ staff in country. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. GIZ runs a professional security risk management system in the field of deployment. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
At the site of operation the particulate pollution occurs to be many time higher than the European acceptable limit. As part of the selection process and during the recruitment examination you will be informed of appropriate protective and behavioral measures.
GIZ operates worldwide. As part of the GIZ team, you are prepared to take on international assignments and pass on your expertise.
This job is suited to a full or a part-time position.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
A prerequisite for the conclusion of the agreement is the lifting of the restrictions currently in force in the company on the possibilities for travel and business trips in order to contain the worldwide spread of the Covid-19 virus.
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.