Want to make database history? Come and join the team that is building the most popular data warehousing service in the world with tens of thousands of customers - Amazon Redshift. We are building the next generation data warehouse systems, creating an impact on its hundreds of thousands of users, and looking for top engineers to help shape the future.
Amazon Redshift is the leading, fully-managed, petabyte-scale data warehouse in the . Using Amazon Redshift makes it simple and cost-effective to analyze all your data seamlessly.
As a Software Development Engineer with Amazon Redshift, you will have the opportunity to design and implement system architecture of AWS Redshift at Amazon scale. You will contribute to overall strategy by working on impactful product features, system architecture, and best practices that enable a quality product. You will work on the Redshift platform to improve the technologies that orchestrate and manage Redshift clusters globally. You will build out automation of critical operational functions that ensure thousands of servers across all AWS regions worldwide operating at massive scale.
In this role you will have the growth opportunity to work on ambiguous problem spaces and enumerate design choices, trade-offs, and priorities. You demonstrate exceptional technical expertise and a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science. You are data and metric driven, and obsessively concerned about performance under resource constrained environments. You will mentor junior engineers, participate in defining our technical culture, and help to build a fast-growing team.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast-growing business and help shape the technology, product and the business. You will bring deep technical, networking and coding expertise with the ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in the industry leading company to deliver a broad business impact.
Come, join us in reinventing database systems for the !
· 3+ years of professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms
· Experience in debugging, diagnosing, and trouble-shooting complex, production software.
· Ability to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects.
· Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment
· Experience in communicating with peers, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software features, and technical designs.
· Be highly innovative, flexible and self-directed.
· Passionate about learning new technologies, frameworks and programming languages.
· Familiar with scripting languages such as Shell Scripting, Bash, or other.
· Understanding of system ( & Unix) and application performance and scaling characteristics.
· Masters or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent.