GEA is one of the largest suppliers for the food and beverage processing industry and a wide range of other process industries. Approximately 18,000 employees in more than 50 countries contribute significantly to GEA’s success – come and join them! We offer interesting and challenging tasks, a positive working environment in international teams and opportunities for personal development and growth in a global company.
Analyzes Request for quotation and request for proposals, drawings, specifications, proposals, and other relevant documents needed for the preparation of time, cost, and labor estimates, proposals, and risk analysis for Dairy projects and/or services
Additional Job Description: (Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
Other duties may be assigned as required.)
- Reviews customer’s specifications and data to determine material and labor requirements and prepares itemized lists.
- Prepares accurate and complete cost estimates by analyzing the customer’s specifications/requirements and GEA process design(s).
- Consults with other in-house engineers, vendors, or other individuals to discuss estimates and resolve issues.
- Consults with vendors and in-house workshop to determine accurate pricing for estimate and coordinates delivery times to coincide with the proposal schedule.
- Reviews quotation proposals and drawings for accuracy with regards to cost price.
- Enters / completes the Project Approval Database (padb) set up for approval and maintains details for padb projects they own or have input to.
- Maintains cost database by requesting updated pricing for standard components on an annual basis, unless determined others, and updates pricing in the database(s).
- Assists in the development and maintenance of the computer estimating program(s) and configurator(s).
- Prepares project change order cost prices.
- Assists in the continuous development and maintenance of proposal standard text.
- Assists Sales with pre-contract site visits to gather specifications, as requested.
- Answers questions regarding proposal(s) and cost estimate(s).
- Prepares and delivers sales presentations as required to assist the Sales team.
- Manages all aspects of the sales opportunities as assigned to complete the required tasks and deliverables per customer schedules. Including but not limited to, Scheduling meetings with internal stack holders, manages internal schedule for internal deliverables, communicates clearly and effectively to the team changes from customer or internal changes, communicates
Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Must have 4-year degree in Engineering, Food Science or related.
- Must have 3 - 5 years of experience in Engineering and/or Manufacturing environment.
- Must understand GEA process designs.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be willing to travel, as required.
- Must be able to work independently and under time restraints.
- Mathematical aptitude.
- Must possess good English language communication both verbal and written.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and work well in a team setting as well as independently as required.
- Must be self-motivated.
Advantageous to have working knowledge of MS Office products,Lotus Notes, and SAP.