AWS is one of Amazon’s fastest growing businesses, servicing customers in more than 190 countries, reshaping the way global enterprises consume information technology and powering the developers who are building the next generation of global industry leaders. AWS customers include some of the most innovative Startups like Netflix, Pinterest, Spotify, Airbnb, and Instagram as well as some of the largest global enterprises like Shell International, Unilever, Hitachi, Sharp, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and Samsung. We help global and local enterprises to use cloud to remediate their technical debt and build new innovative businesses.
AWS Enterprise Support provides our customers with one-on-one, fast-response support channel that is staffed 24x7x365 with experienced and technical support engineers; Enterprise support provides a designated technical account manager to the customer and provides entitlements such as architecture review, operations support to design, build, and operate cloud environments leveraging AWS best practices; and a designated Support Concierge for administrative and billing inquiries.
Enterprise customers rely on Support when running their business critical workloads on the AWS platform, and our technical account managers and cloud support engineers are the primary daily touch-point for those customers. Customers include very large Enterprises, Public Sector companies, as well as fast growing businesses and Internet companies. Unlike most support organizations, AWS Support is a self-standing business with revenue and P&L responsibility and one of the fastest growing businesses within AWS.
As Enterprise Support BDM, you will be part of the Enterprise Support organization. You will support the Premium Support strategy and own driving the go-to-market (GTM) efforts for Support, with the objective to increase adoption for paid support offerings amongst Enterprise customers while maintaining target margin performance, and using Support to accelerate AWS platform adoption for the customers. You will engage our customers to understand why they need Enterprise Support (or why not), what are the pain points and obstacles in their current support offering. You will identify areas for sharpening our Support proposition (e.g. a differentiated offering, value and return on investment vs price) and design and execute controlled experiments driving commercial innovation. You will quantify the impact of Support in driving AWS platform adoption, estimate the ROI, and design and execute initiatives to help accelerate our customer cloud adoption journey. You will enable the sales team to drive the day-to-day interactions with prospects, selling the Support value proposition, in order to build long-term business opportunity. You will engage partners to develop and pilot new Support offerings via the partner ecosystem.
The ideal candidate will possess a keen business sense and exceptional analytical skills, is able to articulate and communicate a clear value proposition across customers, partners, and within the AWS organization, and its comfortable working across internal functions and geographies. The candidate will be naturally curious, going beyond the obvious to discover unexpected insights and translate those into tangible business value.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Engage customers, partners, and field teams to deeply understand and measure customer value and pain points in adoption of Enterprise Support
· Analyze drivers of Enterprise Support adoption and identify levers for improvement
· Identify, design and execute controlled experiments in driving Enterprise Support adoption
· Review and analyze Enterprise Support pricing and costing, ensuring savings are passed on to our customers
· Quantify impact of Enterprise Support adoption on AWS Platform adoption, estimate the ROI of Support investments in accelerating AWS platform adoption
· Develop and refine sales collateral, reference cases and value proofs for customers and partners
· Drive commercial innovation in Support, e.g. differentiated support offerings per customer segment · In conjunction with Field Enablement, create Support related training programs and material for the field team so that they can properly articulate the Support value proposition
· Work with stakeholders across Commercial/Public Sales, Premium Support, and Enterprise
· Prepare and present business reviews to the senior Sales and BD management team
· Drive Enterprise Support deals end to end with Sales
· 10+ years of experience in business development, management consulting, sales/support strategy, or sales/support operations experience
· Exceptional analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically and long- term about the needs of complex enterprise sales motions and growing AWS business exponentially
· Business case development, financial modeling and analysis experience
· Strong verbal and written communications skills
· Ability to work effectively and deliver results across cross-functional, remote and virtual team
· Prior experience working in or with cloud service providers, SaaS providers, managed service providers
· Management or consulting background
· Prior Support Services experience
CULTURE AND COMMITMENT TO INCLUSION, DIVERSITY & EQUITY
At AWS, we welcome all builders. We believe that technology should be built in a way that’s inclusive, accessible, and equitable. We’re committed to putting in the work for more equal representation
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.