Do you see a clear path where others see roadblocks? What if you could use your creativity to change the direction of the entire transportation and delivery sector to raise the bar on customer experience? Then, this is the role for you.
Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) is looking for a detail-oriented, analytical, innovative, hands-on, and customer-obsessed Business Development Manager. In this role, you will define the small carrier recruitment strategy in Germany to support the Amazon's Middle Mile Transportation network. As part of the Program Development team, you will help establish a new program that looks to change the way we engage with our carrier partners. You will be responsible for defining, scoping and implementing new ideas in order to increase our small carrier pool while satisfying performance and budget goals. Successful candidates will be hands-on people with roll-up-the-sleeves mind set. In this role, you will:
· Understand small carriers’ needs to grow their business and perform according to ATS standards.
· Design a business development strategy to define where to find the right profile of carriers and how to attract them to the program.
· Define the value proposition of the program.
· Design the recruitment processes to hire the right carriers to the program and increase efficiency.
· Personally involve into carrier recruitment processes and hire carriers.
· Define, prioritize and plan all the resources, products and services required by the carriers that other program stakeholders provide; influence their roadmaps to include those requirements.
· Collect market information and develop a strategy accordingly, ensuring alignment with corporate objectives and contractual obligations.
· Work with external parties in the industry to generate program adoption.
· At least six years of experience in sales or business development departments
· At least one year of people management experience
· Being ready to be involved in day-to-day recruitment operations
· A bachelor's degree (or equivalent)
· Advanced Excel skills
· Fluency in German and English
· Minimum two years of experience in transportation, freight forwarding and logistics; especially in Germany or alternatively academic background in Operations Management or Logistics
· Minimum two years of experience in German Transportation industry
· Project or program management experience
· Negotiation training certificate
· Fluency in other European languages; especially in French, Italian, Spanish, and Polish
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.