*This role can be based anywhere there is an Amazon Corporate Location within the EU.*
The Consumer Talent Development team is looking for a skilled and ambitious individual to develop and support business intelligence and operations reporting and management systems. Our team builds, develops, continuously refines, and applies learning solutions to drive improvements with Amazon’s internal teams globally. We collaborate with Amazon leaders and evaluate internal processes, approaches, and technical systems to establish highest standards and ensure safety for our associates and leaders.
The potential candidate will excellent business and communication skills to be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions, support analysis, improvement and creation of metrics and dashboards for the learning organization. They will work and share solutions with internal customers at all levels of the organization and helping write strategic documents that are regularly read by senior leaders.
On the data management side, the potential candidate will be working in one of the world's largest and most complex data warehouse environments. It requires deep expertise in the design, creation, management, and business use of large datasets. In addition, it requires expertise in designing, implementing, and operating stable, scalable, low-cost solutions to flow data from production systems into the data warehouse and into end-user facing applications. Your technical skills and creativity will prove instrumental in creating custom data pipeline solutions, where existing tools prove insufficient.
· Own end-to-end data collection, from planning to collection to analysis, including writing custom queries, data cleaning and manipulation, and the ability to work with large datasets.
· Develop data driven recommendations impacting strategic decision making across different functional areas and own the creation of key process metrics.
· Create advanced visualization and reporting to support impact analysis of improvement opportunities.
· Strong intellectual curiosity and ability to learn new topics quickly and independently.
· Identify data sources and automate data collection (queries, scraping, etc.).
· Continuously learn and research new domains, tools, and analysis techniques.
· Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Finance, or related technical field.
· 3+ years of relevant experience in one of the following areas: business intelligence or data engineering
· Hands-on experience in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large datasets
· Proficient use of scripting languages like Python, R
· Ability to display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format and to present findings in a clear and concise manner.
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics or a related discipline.
· Previous experience with AWS technologies
· Familiarity with GIT
· Excellent organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines.
· Self-starter who possesses flexibility to work in a fast-changing environment and ambiguous situations.
· Good knowledge of the Monty Python Library and/or Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy