Do you enjoy breaking down and solving complex problems for the benefit of a quickly expanding customer base, focusing first on our customer and working backwards?
If so, the Amazon XL Supply Chain team is looking for a Capacity Optimization Engineer to support the Amazon XL FC Fulfillment Programs team.
This individual will be responsible for designing, managing and executing the next generation of XL fulfillment center processes, equipment, and operations. This is a unique opportunity to design new building standards that will bring our heavy/bulky business to the next level.
We are looking for a passionate hands-on leader with experience in industrial and systems engineering in manufacturing, production or distribution environments who can effectively innovate on behalf of the customer in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment. This individual must have strong project management, data analysis and forecasting skills.
The role will be based in any of our XL FC sites.
A successful candidate will also demonstrate:
· High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple priorities
· Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
· Ability to innovate with global teams in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
· Commitment to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge
· Analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
· Ability to clearly communicate data insights to others
· Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary
· Ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape
· Drive standardization, documentation of core design and process elements for scalable network growth across the European AMXL business using strong process management and Lean principles
· Drive implementation and adoption of new design innovations across multiple regions
· Identify innovations and perform experiments to create building designs that increase customer value; determine root causes of "defects" in solution design through deep dive data analysis and decomposition and process observation
· Own and deliver on post-launch reviews and customer feedback, and incorporate feedback into future project plans
· Collaborate with counterparts in other functional areas as required (Design & Construction, Demand and Topology Planning, Trans Network Planning Operations Integration, FC Startup & Launch, Procurement, etc.) in support of network initiatives
· Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering or Business and Engineering
· Prior experience in hands-on process development and improvement
· Proven experience in Logistics, Distribution and Fulfillment processes
· Expertise in Lean Management, Six Sigma and other OE tools
· Advanced data analysis skills and an expert in using supporting tools e.g. SQL, MS Excel, MS Access, etc.
· MBA, MSc or MEng (Logistics, Supply Chain, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent)
· Certified Lean Six Sigma / Six Sigma Black Belt, Green Belt or Lean Sensei is a plus
· Proven experience in a similar process development role, ideally in industrial, logistics, distribution, last mile or production/manufacturing environment
· Solution Design skills
· Project Management skills
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates