Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in hundreds of countries around the world!
The AWS High Performance Computing (HPC) team is looking for an experienced, results-oriented Front-end Engineer capable of building a world class customer experience for our HPC Products Offerings. We are building core technologies that allow our customers to plan, schedule, and execute HPC workloads across the full range of AWS compute services and capabilities. You'll be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced agile environment that involves active collaborations with other AWS teams across different locations. This is an opportunity to operate and engineer systems on a global scale, while touching and influencing large parts of the underlying AWS services.
The Front End Engineer position requires in-depth knowledge of design and development of web/mobile user interfaces and interactive applications. You should have experience with agile methodologies, working experience with at least one high level or scripting language, and experience building scalable and robust user interfaces. You will own the end-to-end design of major deliverables, working closely with a team of engineers to execute them.
You'll work closely with senior engineers, UX designers, and product managers to develop user-friendly UI experiences.
You’ll develop and maintain operational rigor for both the frontend and the backend of a fast-growing AWS service. You’ll develop engineers of an existing “two pizza” team on full-stack/frontend development, engage with customers and other AWS partners to continuously improve the product’s usability.
We develop innovative products to build and automate complex distributed computing environments that combine the cutting edge of AWS services and technologies for our customers. If this sounds like the right challenge for you then please apply today!
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline - or relative industry experience.
· Several years professional experience in software development with an emphasis on web applications.
· Have experience in basic cross browser support, caching and optimization techniques for faster page load times.
· Have experience in developing consumer facing web applications using Ajax or WebSockets
· Experience with web/mobile technologies and frameworks like React, Redux, Ember or Angular and RESTful web services.
· Experience with with CI/CD in a frontend context.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
· Hands-on technical expertise in full-stack development.
· Advanced CSS skills.
· Experience with legacy technologies such as jQuery, XSLT.
“Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu ) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.”
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Our salaries are negotiable.