Do you want to shape the future?
We are now looking for a Head of Public Affairs and Media relations in Denmark to play a prominent role in supporting our activities in the Danish market. In this role you will monitor, analyze and work to influence the public and regulatory environment as well as media with a view to position Vattenfall as a leader in the energy transition. Developing and maintaining excellent stakeholder relations are key success factors.
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest producers of electricity and heat. Our purpose is to power climate smarter living and our goal is to enable fossil free living within one generation.
As a proudly progressive and open organization, Vattenfall is committed to continually accelerating and powering this transition to further electrification and renewable energy.
In Denmark Vattenfall is one of the largest producers of fossil free electricity and the largest operator of offshore wind. In addition, Vattenfall is supplying electricity to B2B customers and electrical infrastructure for industry and heavy transportation. Vattenfall has around 350 employees in Denmark.
Your responsibilities are:
i) Public & Regulatory affairs:
• Design and implement an external engagement strategy for Denmark.
• Proactive influencing and strategic outreach work towards key stakeholders in Denmark.
• Establish and maintain regular contact with politicians, political advisors, civil servants, industry associations, think tanks, NGOs and academics to keep them informed about Vattenfall´s work and policies.
• Monitor and assess trends and themes, including recommendations from regulators, white papers, the EU, industry associations, academics etc.
• Coordinate consultations in Denmark in close cooperation with Vattenfall’s business units.
ii) Media relations and corporate communications:
• Proactive and reactive media relations work to advance Vattenfall in Denmark in close cooperation with the corporate Media Relations team.
• Draft press releases/web content and build relationships with media contacts, prepare media statements and Q&A.
• Crisis contingency planning and crisis communications support.
• University degree in economics, industrial engineering and business administration, political and social science, law, communications or similar field.
• Excellent energy market knowledge and extensive background in strategic communications and public affairs.
• Combine strong analytical capacity with commercial thinking.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to build trust with different stakeholders.
• Solid experience from working in an international environment.
• We are looking for a person with at least 8 years’ experience from work in Public affairs.
• You have extensive experience from working with media relations in a company or complex organizations. You are used to and comfortable being a spokesperson when needed
• Strong drive to get information, listen, analyze and use your knowledge to influence.
• As a person you are proactive, curious and open minded. You are a team-player with networking and intercultural skills that put great value in building relations and influence people around you.
Public & Regulatory Affairs (PRA) is part of Staff Function Communications. The main tasks of the team are to govern, develop and coordinate positions and influencing for the Vattenfall Group in order to mitigate negative impacts and maximize opportunities for Vattenfall. With the support of Vattenfall´s business areas and communication departments we propose, prepare and carry out activities.
You will report to the Vice President of Public & Regulatory Affairs and be a member of the PRA management team together with your counterparts in Brussels/EU, Sweden, Germany, the Netherlands, United Kingdom and France. You will also be part of the international Media Relations management team.
A challenging, international work environment with the possibility to work with some of the best in the field in a company that plays a central part in the energy transition away from fossil fuels. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
The location of the position is Copenhagen. Some travelling is expected.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Oskar Ahnfelt, Vice President Public & Regulatory Affairs, phone +46 730 975303.
For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Senior Recruiter Jette Ingeberg, phone +45 22 57 07 51.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is the 30th of September.
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity & inclusion helps building a more attractive, efficient, customer centric and profitable company. Therefore we welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, religious belief, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
Vattenfall is an European energy company with approximately 20.000 employees. Our main operations are in Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Germany, the Netherlands, UK and France. Our headquarter is in Stockholm, Sweden.
We look forward to your application!
Mehr Jobangebote von Vattenfall
Weitere Angebote in der Connecticum Jobbörse