Are you ready to apply your audit, risk, and governance expertise to Amazon’s unique environment? We are seeking an experienced Internal Audit Manager to support our EMEA Audit team, who can apply broad operational knowledge and sound business judgment to execute operational audits across our diverse businesses and technical environments. This is a high visibility opportunity where you will gain valuable exposure to many areas within our business, and be able to make important improvements that make a real difference.
Our team is cross-functional and you will perform a wide range of operational and technical audits, but we are seeking those with broad experience in Operations, Commercial, Compliance, IT and Financial auditing. You must also be comfortable performing as a sole contributor and teammate and in doing so will have the opportunity to learn our business, IT environment, and meet a wide range of stakeholders.
In this position, you will dive deep into the details of your audit, which will be across all Amazon businesses, the EMEA region, and potentially globally. Audit topics could include distribution center operations, customer services, vendor management, commercial contracting, compliance with varying regulations and company policies, privacy, information security, business continuity, asset management, and web security, among others. You need to be able to see the big picture and apply high judgement. You must be able to understand complex business processes and identify the full range of risks related to processes, regulatory compliance, organization, policy, and technology. This position will challenge your current understanding of business systems. You need a sound technical and commercial understanding and the ability to learn new concepts quickly. You should be comfortable interacting with a broad range of people and skill sets, such as technical software development engineers and broad business leaders.
You should be able to translate risks into business issues. You must prioritize findings and recommendations in tune with our corporate strategy. You should be able to facilitate multiple stakeholders to agree on appropriate solutions and verify that risks are mitigated appropriately. We value personality, insight, intellectual flexibility, and sound business judgment.
You must be an excellent writer who can succinctly communicate complicated issues in business terms. You must be a strong project manager who can manage variable resources and conduct your own audits from beginning to end, often managing multiple projects at once.
You must demonstrate:
· Strong risk management experience, including; performing risk assessments and audits, designing controls, managing enterprise control frameworks, and prioritizing risk.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will prepare reports and make presentations to senior level management. You will interact with various levels of employees to collect and communicate information.
· Strong analytical skills. Proven history of analyzing data and situations to identify meaningful observations.
· Willingness to dive deep into your own audits and support other audits.
This position will be based out of Munich and may require 15-30% international travel.
Basic Qualifications / experience:
· BA/BS degree in Accounting/Finance/Business or related field
· 8+ years of experience in operational auditing, risk management, compliance, or financial analysis, showing progression in areas for responsibility
·Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience (verbal and written) in English
Preferred Qualifications / experience
· Big 4 accounting firm experience is a plus
· Advanced degree (e.g., MBA)
· Relevant certifications (CPA equivalent, CISA, GIAC)
· Familiarity with COSO, COBIT frameworks
· Experience with process improvement - Kaizan, and Six Sigma
· Written and verbal communication in German
- Self-starter, possess flexibility to work in a fast-changing environment and ambiguous situations
· A fast learner who can quickly absorb the nuances and behaviors of Amazon's systems architecture
· Proven history of having worked effectively across cross-functional teams and business functions
· Analytical decision making with a demonstrated ability to drive issues to completion
· Enthusiasm to work hard and make history
· Ability to travel 15-30%
About our rewards
We’ll expect you to go the extra mile, but we’ll also make sure you’re well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary and stock units we offer a host of other benefits.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer.
Sounds interesting? We look forward to your application. Please apply online and upload your CV.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Did you know that Amazon is offering various jobs in part-time? If you want to apply, please filter for “part-time” in the job type search section on amazon.jobs.