Because of the criticality of security and privacy for society and economy the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft decided to massively expand SIT Darmstadt (including offices in Birlinghoven/St. Augustin). This plan is supported through a close cooperation between SIT and the Technische Universität Darmstadt, in particular with the chairs of Prof. Dr. Michael Waidner (also Director of SIT Darmstadt) and Prof. Dr.-Ing. Ahmad-Reza Sadeghi (also Director Science for SIT Darmstadt). SIT is also a key member of CASED, the Center for Advanced Security Research Darmstadt (www.cased.de), which is a research center supported by the German State of Hesse, and jointly staffed by SIT in Darmstadt, the Darmstadt University of Technology, and the Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences.
Our intention is to form new research teams, focused on important new topics such as secure cloud computing, secure engineering, system security and privacy. To strengthen the existing topics in Darmstadt, and to lead and staff these new topics, we are seeking
Outstanding Researchers in IT Security and Privacy
- Security and cloud computing
- Secure engineering, development of secure software, security analysis
- Security for embedded and mobile systems, trusted computing, secure operating systems for mobile systems
- Security of cyber-physical systems, critical infrastructures
- Identity management and privacy-enhancing technologies
- Computer forensics
- Risk and compliance management
You will be responsible for planning, leading, executing and representing applied R&D projects, jointly with clients and partners from industry, government agencies and academia.
Qualified employees are encouraged to work on personal PhD projects.
- Excellent academic (Master, PhD, or equivalent) degree in computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics, or related science
- Proven knowledge in IT security, in particular in at least one of the topics listed above
- Interested in challenging, practically-motivated research problems, self-motivated, capable of defining and representing R&D projects, and capable of doing conceptual as well as implementation work, in an efficient and self-organized manner
- You like working in teams, with team members from different organizations and countries, and you enjoy working with people with different cultural and professional backgrounds
- Fluent in English, and fluent in German or prepared to learn it
All positions are initially limited to 3 years, but may be extended. We support part time employment. Compensation follows the Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst (TVöD), corresponding to the candidate’s qualifications and responsibilities.
Fraunhofer SIT is an equal employment opportunity player.
Prof. Dr. Michael Waidner