The Manager is involved in the strategic transformation of accounting for this business unit which includes the streamlining of all accounting and finance processes in Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Internal Accounting, the execution of the activity split between controlling and accounting tasks and the implementation of cross-functional and accounting projects within Global Service Consolidation and Accounting Group. This is set-up as an initial two year project and will provide excellent opportunity to leverage experience, project management skills and dive into ZEISS’ North American and Global organization
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead cross-functional organizational initiatives as part of accounting/finance transformation road map to ensure on-time delivery, within budget, and meeting all other key measurements. This includes task transfers and optimization of AR, GL, FA, IA processes for ZEISS Vision Care.
• Align with Global Accounting Managers and Process Owners on best business practices and encourage sharing knowledge and experience between team members. Work with cross-functional teams located in the East and West Coasts of NA to coordinate and collaborate across departments and motivate staff members through ongoing projects.
• Actively seek methods to drive operational excellence, enhance overall performance of daily operations through active monitoring of team members. Identify areas for improvement, cost-saving opportunities and develop solutions to increase transactional efficiency in line with tools and systems already in place at Accounting.
• Own project and action plans to monitor and track progress, regularly providing updates to senior management at ZEISS Vision Care and Global Accounting to ensure change management is implemented without business disruption.
• Assess the performance of team members against Key Performance Indicators across main processes and drive consensus with the key stakeholders to define the future service and operating model.
• Drive a culture to maintain up-to-date documentation of all standard operating procedures (SOPs) and policies, ensuring consistent processes for the Finance Shared Services personnel.
• Customize the catalogue of services and associated service level agreements (SLAs) in collaboration with Accounting NA and define suitable performance targets i.e. weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually, leveraging data stored in enterprise systems and tools.
• Work with department managers and team members to implement a project schedule and ensure that teams meet milestones throughout the project lifecycle. Take an active role in preventing delays and ensuring that deliverables are completed on time.
-Degree in Accounting or Finance, required
-Work experience at international accounting firm or in similar challenging role in industrial context, required
-Leadership track record in accounting, finance role or in change management project (functional leadership), required
-Change management, leadership and communication skills, required
-Financial process oriented, solid organizational and analytical skills, required
-Experience in a shared service environment, preferred
-Experience managing projects and presenting status updates to your leadership, preferred
-SAP PRD experience, preferred
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.