EC2 Accelerated Nitro
As an organization, we believe in making a big difference in people’s lives. We do so by building ground technology that enables innovation to solve complex challenges. We engineer pioneering virtualization software that serves as the foundation to driving innovation efficiently, and nimbly. We influence the different layers of the stack, while attentively listening to our customers input. EC2 Accelerated Nitro is the organization that crafts and releases the hypervisors that power the EC2 Nitro fleet, and that drives the engineering parts of the EC2 Accelerated Computing business. We build highly operable quiescent hypervisors that provide near bare metal performance to EC2 instances. We also integrate hardware accelerators (GPUs, FPGAs, etc.) into the EC2 instance families to support advanced workloads, such as machine learning, high performance computing, inference or graphics processing.
Amazon is looking for a seasoned Software Development Manager, who will be leading a team of highly skilled developers and therefore have strategic impact on the business. Our Roadmap is bursting with opportunity for you to lead this team in solving intriguing challenges and tangibly impacting the customer experience.
In this key role you will be responsible for building and driving the organization that develops, integrates and maintains the EC2 Accelerated Computing instance families, as well as parts of the I/O space of the Nitro Hypervisor that powers the EC2 Nitro virtualized fleet. If you have passion for people management, solid technical knowledge in the virtualization space, and want to build solutions to challenging problems that directly affect millions of people: there may be no better place than Amazon for you to impact the world!
· After joining, you will quickly become a key partner to the leadership team, where you will understand its core business goals and priorities.
· In the first three months, you will review existing processes and understand them.
· In the upcoming months, you will drive continual improvements to the efficiency and flexibility of the platform while keeping a high bar for security and availability. On top of that you will own key parts of the software stack that is running on nearly every Amazon server worldwide.
· You will start with the current teams of engineers driven by existing managers, and work towards growing them.
· You hold a Master in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
· 3+ years of people management experience and driving technical teams.
· 10+ years of software/system development industry experience.
· You have managed highly performing engineering teams before, and have hired engineers in your team.
· You have managed operations before, and know how to balance operational load with long-term activities.
· Good software design skills.
· Understanding of Linux distribution tools
· You can motivate high skilled individuals to perform at their best.
· Strong customer and quality focus and strong bias for action.
· Self - motivated and strong desire to invent and simplify.
· You are strong and effective communicating in English.
· History of delivering results.
· German language skills is not a requirement for this position.
“Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu ) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.”