The Marketing Manager will lead the development and launch of marketing plans for current and future products and services including: target markets, promotion plans, marketing materials and education requirements. This individual will conduct market research to identify trends in the appropriate market segments, and competitive developments. The Marketing Manager will develop detailed financial models to justify programs and projects, create marketing campaigns to drive sales performance, and key metrics to quantify impact of the marketing programs and to refine them appropriately. Furthermore, the Marketing Manager has the responsibility of managing regional/local KOL’s to achieve podium power at regional and local meetings. The Marketing Manager must excel at building cross-functional alignment. This individual will work with sales leadership, global marketing, supply chain, operations, customer service, and finance to ensure successful product introductions. The Marketing Manager will have significant interaction with the field-based sales force, and must work collaboratively to ensure that customer targeting, sales tools, and marketing programs are well executed and impactful
• Manage the product portfolio for the assigned product/customer segment.
• Drive results through the launch of new products, next generation products, and product enhancements.
• Partner with the Global Marketing Team to create and implement the long-term product strategy, including product enhancements and new product development.
• Continuously monitor market needs and customer acceptance through sales force collaboration, customer visits, attending key congresses and meetings, and conducting primary and secondary market research.
• Monitor sales and profits and report on product line performance to management, utilize sales analysis skills to understand and report on product and market dynamics.
• Plan and manage the product line marketing budget.
• Provide input to assist Sales Management in forecast sales for manufacturing and financial planning.
• Understand market dynamics and recommend pricing strategy.
• Have intimate knowledge of the sales process for the assigned customer segment and provide critical sales tools. Support regional local sales training by providing strategic goals and marketing messages. Liaise with regional Sales Training resources as content experts. Perform Sales Training during phase training sessions, trade shows, and sales meetings.
• Provide Field Sales with updates on product, services, and market changes.
• Be a resource to Field Sales and respond to point of sales questions and requests.
• Develop and implement the promotional plans and materials including: mailings, advertising, product literature, speakers, web marketing, digital marketing outlets, etc.
• Analyze competitive products and incorporate competitive strategies into promotional and product development plans to stay ahead of the competition.
• Collect secondary market research and provide to SBU, such as sales and market share by market, customer needs by market, product requirements by market. Understands what drives market segmentation.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of successful experience in a marketing and/or sales position.
• Experience in the medical industry is preferred.
• Experience bringing new products to market is highly preferred.
• Knowledge and experience in the product development process preferred.
• Outstanding, proven communication skills (written, group presentations, etc.) are required.
• Proven ability to work closely with a field sales team is required.
• Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills are required.
• Strong strategic and analytical skills including forecasting, sales analysis, and ROI analysis are required
• Proven ability to work with internal customers through strong collaboration and external customers.
Willing to travel over weekends and holidays, US and international t
Ability to work in a multi-cultural business environment, foreign language skills are desirable.
Ability to lift and move products (up to 50 lbs).
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.