Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking to hire an experienced and highly motivated Networking Service Technician to install and support AWS deployments in the EU.
· You are someone who is highly autonomous, very detail oriented and possess very strong written & verbal communication skills. You are a high performer with a "can do" attitude.
· You will be required to travel between locations to support hardware installations, service, and retrieve AWS equipment.
· You will be expected to manage your time on site and coordinate materials and labor to ensure that our very high standards are met in the most cost-efficient way possible.
· You will have experience building relationships with internal teams and customers along with innovating effective solutions to meet issues & problems as they arise.
· You have previous hands-on technical troubleshooting experience and a proven ability for solving complex problems.
· Most of all, you will have a passion for technology along with a desire to be the best at your job every day!
About the Role:
As a Networking Service Technician in AWS, you will get to help deploy and maintain AWS cloud computing infrastructure across a number of locations. This is a customer facing role and requires professionalism and excellent communications. Your activities will include (but not limited to):
· Technical support to enable hardware installations and expanding data center infrastructure.
· SME and technical support to Field Technicians and customers
· Formulate connectivity solutions with customer networks and provide support for customer configuration
· Troubleshooting networking configurations.
· Diagnosing and fixing networking failures.
· Thinking proactively while working to prevent support issues before they are realized.
· Driving the team to improve operational efficiency through the identification and development of SLAs, metrics, monitors, procedures, tools, and documentation.
· Carrying a pager/cell phone for communication, information, emergency, and on-call situations.
· 40-50% travel required (domestic and international).
· Previous telecommunications experience as a network engineer in carrier grade implementations of MPLS, IP, Ethernet and DWDM.
· Previous experience in designing/deploying large campus or national scale optical and routed networks is highly desirable.
· Experience in enterprise network operations, with a systematic approach to troubleshooting.
· Previous experience with Cisco (CCNP-SP or equivalent) and Juniper (JNCIP-SP or equivalent) network design and support is desirable.
· Ability to write code in Perl or Python.
· Knowledge of the Linux networking stack e.g. TCP congestion control, routing, name resolution.
· Exceptional levels of written, personal and oral communication.
· Ability to operate autonomously and manage to a schedule – excellent prioritization and time management
· Willingness to work outside of standard working hours, to include nights and/or weekends (on-call rotations and/or on demand escalations) in support of client scheduling and/or time-sensitive escalations required
· 3+ years working in a Network troubleshooting role.
· Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of industry experience working on highly available, large scale networks.
· A good understanding of AWS products is desirable.
· Linux system engineering skills.
· Technical due diligence on project development connection options and network capacity and constraint assessment for the preferred development capacity
· Detailed analysis of connection assets to fully understand the impact of the project on the network to which it is connecting including draft development of connection SLDs to feed into the feasibility and detailed studies
· ITIL v3 Foundation Certified
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.