THIS ROLE COULD BE BASED IN MUNICH, PARIS, LONDON OR MILAN
Amazon opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s biggest selection. Amazon strives to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
Are you interested in innovating to deliver a world-class level of service to Amazon’s Vendors? Amazon Vendor Services (AVS) is a program that helps Amazon's biggest and most strategic selling partners grow on our store, deliver outstanding customer experience, and build a long-term partnership with Amazon through a sustainable and efficient e-commerce business. The program supports selling partners through a broad set of services across e-commerce levers, including Selection, Availability, Traffic, Conversion, and Business Advice, having access to privileged point of contacts, tools and services. Our team invents and innovates across services, technology, processes and people to grow the program, improve vendor engagement and satisfaction and enable scalability.
Amazon is looking for a talented Senior Product Manager to help define our service offering and pricing strategy, balancing service penetration vs profitability and driving adoption and satisfaction from our Vendors into the Amazon Vendor Service (AVS) program across our European Consumer business. The role of the Senior Product Manager for Vendor Services Offering & pricing, EU AVS, will be to create offers that can address different Vendor segments/needs, define a pricing strategy and drive retail teams to adopt the proposed approach and drive discussion with the Vendor, ensuring high quality marketing material and retail teams training.
You will work in close collaboration with our retail stakeholders across Europe including Pan-EU teams, AVS Managers, retail teams, Smaller Vendors management teams, our offshore operations and our technical teams and business partners. You will meet senior management on a regular basis to help them with strategic decision making.
The ideal candidate should be customer obsessed, passionate about product definition, marketing and bringing new services to market, data oriented and have outstanding project management abilities. The candidate should also feel comfortable dealing with ambiguity and working in a very entrepreneurial environment. The Sr. Product Manager should be able to interact with and influence multiple teams across the organization.
This role will be part of the European Retail team. The Product Manager, EU AVS position could be based in most location in which Amazon Retail teams are present (Munich, Paris, London, Milan).
The Senior Product Manager for Vendor Services Expansion, EU AVS will be responsible for:
- Identifying gaps in our service offering through benchmarking , Think Big processes and senior leader's jugdment.
- Prioritizing the new services development based on potential (revenues for the program, profitbaility, etc...)
- Driving the new service development and implementation himself or through partner teams from design to pilot and launch.
- Challenging existing services relevance and quality to ensure a continuous improvment mindset.
- Driving innovation of the program by influencing other teams and senior stakeholders so that we can delight and surprise our vendors
- Multiple years of experience in marketing, product management, management consulting;
- Strong customer orientation, demonstrated in international environments; - Strong analytical orientation; comfort using databases and analytical tools and making data-based decisions;
- Ability to analyze and solve problems through the development of actionable and appropriate plans;
- Experience in driving complex analysis, across heterogeneous and non-hierarchical organizations;
- Excellent project management and program management skills, demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects;
- Ability to work with and influence employees at all levels of the organization;
- Fluent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Experience in vendor management is a plus
- Knowledge of retail business concepts, strategies, and practices;
- MBA preferred but not essential;
- Language skills in French, German, Italian or Spanish are a plus.
- Experience in SQL is a plus