PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE CAN BE ALSO BASED IN: Madrid, Paris, London, Milan, or Munich
Amazon Logistics (AMZL) is seeking a Program Manager, Sort Planning Subject Matter Expert (SME) to work within the AMZL network. The SME work across technology and operations teams on the prioritization, development, optimization, and sustainment of the technology and related process in order to positively impact customer experience while supporting business growth.
The SME team acts as a catalyst for change by driving innovation at the operator level in our Delivery Stations, prioritizing technology initiatives and supporting engineering design innovations. The SMEs strive to be experts in Amazon’s operation systems. They are accountable to delivering world class solutions through optimizing and reinventing the existing technology.
· Developing target condition for pain points within the delivery network
· Serve as gatekeeper in assigned process areas for the change management process
· Partner with tech organization on the business requirement documents (BRD)
· Support process improvements, best practice sharing, and standardization across all Amazon Logistics processes using Lean principles
· Provide metrics inputs that support compliance of standard work and that drives improvements in cost and quality
· Collaborate with counterparts in other functional areas (Safety, Quality, Learning, Loss Prevention) as well as the Operations Engineering team and Delivery Station's Launch SME team to drive standardization of core process elements to support network growth and scale
**Travel expectations across EU will be approximately 25%.
· Completed Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
· Proven experience in a manufacturing, logistics, delivery, production or distribution environment
· Experience in project/program management
· Experience supporting/improving operations/metrics.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
· Masters Degree/MBA
· Previous operational experience
· Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
· Experience working with Software Development Engineers to develop technical solutions to operational problems
· Cross-functional project management experience
· Ability to handle changing priorities
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.