Do you want to shape the future? Join our journey towards Fossil Free Living within one generation.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like Solar and Batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation and solar and batteries installations in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK.
We’re now looking for a Project and Portfolio Planner in BU Solar and Batteries.
As Project and Portfolio Planner you will support from a planning perspective our projects during development and construction. In addition you will enable management with an overview on project pipeline to actively steer on the portfolio.
What we are looking for:
You have experienced many times that a project needs structure and excellent planning, and that even structure and planning will not prevent you from many different challenges during the project life cycle. These require your flexibility, your challenge of relevant stakeholders, your activeness and your solution orientated ways of working.
What we ask from you:
- Minimum of Bachelor degreel (at University level)
- You preferably have experience as planner in the solar business;
- You are able to guide people on a more junior level;
- Wherever processes and standards are not available, you will find a solution out of which might result a new standard to be used in other future projects;
- You continuously reflect on how you as Planner can add value to the portfolio as well as to the discussions about the portfolio as such.
- You are used to discussions with management teams to enable a solution oriented discussion;
- You take energy from diversity, working in cross-functional teams in our core markets across markets; you are familiar and comfortable with the virtual office supporting our efforts to reduce our CO2 footprint for business trips;
- Your command of English is strong, both verbally and written.
As Planner you have the following key accountabilities:
- Setting up, maintaining and further developing the project planning methods and standards in BU Solar & Batteries for projects in all our technologies;
- Coordinating project planning activities in BU Solar & Batteries and as a result of that create a portfolio overview and portfolio planning which is updated on a monthly basis;
- Integrating all different kinds of projects into a coordinated process of project planning in our BU with the aim to have an up to date project and portfolio planning:
- Developing a gap analysis on portfolio level (esp. solar) to compare ambitions with current portfolio. Perform frequent reports towards the management team of Bu Solar & Batteries incl. “what if” analysis;
- Maintaining and improve planning assumption used in our project planning standards by setting up a frequent lessons learned and follow up process;
- Support management from a planning perspective, providing scenarios studies and other analysis of the programme upon request and/or proactively;
- Upon request support in the planning of specific projects;
- Being the interface to controlling to give input for Performance indicators (KPI) calculations.
Location is Amsterdam. If the virtual office does not do the job, business trips to other Vattenfall locations might be required.
Work in an open, agile and modern environment and collaborating with great colleagues who support each other. Offering you a work environment with diverse, international and inspiring colleagues where we focus on resilience, knowing that this is a key element for your wellbeing. We support the reconciliation between work and private life with flexible working conditions supported by a smart travel policy. The advantages of working for Vattenfall are about more than money – join our journey towards Fossil Free Living within one generation.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is Feb 27th 2020.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Tamara van Amersfoort: email@example.com.