- be responsible for project scheduling and execution related to system control and automation software for high end electron microscopes
- ensure that project milestones, deliverables, and cost targets are met
- own and maintain requirement backlogs
- functionally lead a team of >10 software engineers both internal as well as external, chair functional and cross-functional team meetings to effectively manage and communicate the projects
- maintain project documentations including project status reports and budget tracking
- act as interface and manage both internal as well as external suppliers
- work closely with software architects and lead system architects on scoping and technical details breakdowns
- interface to product managers for project management tasks
- an above-average degree in IT, electrical engineering, automation technology, or a comparable technical degree with strong software component
- several years (>5 years) of practical experience in software project management of complex system (hard- and software) development projects ideally with international partners / suppliers with focus on deliverables, oversight, quality and timelines
- a software project management certification is a plus
- knowledge of common software development approaches, e.g. agile as well as development tools, e.g. Ranorox, Visual Studio, TFS
- affinity to high technology and willingness to engage on detail level
- ability to manage complexity and uncertainty rapidly changing environment
- excellent oral and written communication skills including strong presentation skills in English, command of German language is a plus
- proven collaboration and conflict resolution skills
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.