You search for the next step in your career, working in an multinational, interdisciplinary team? It feels natural for you to orchestrate the flow of big amounts of data and you are convinced that you can decisively contribute to Vattenfall’s journey towards becoming a data driven company? You are intrigued by working with data generated by physical assets as e.g. wind turbines, batteries or heating grids? You would like to make a difference and work together with us on our big target to get fossil free within one generation? If so this is the position for you!
For the Analytics Solutions team, part of Vattenfall IT, we are now looking for an ambitious
The Analytics Solutions team has members in the Vattenfall offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Hamburg and Stockholm. You can choose to be based in either of these locations. We provide solutions to Vattenfall departments primarily in Germany, Sweden and the Netherlands, so travelling between our office locations can be part of the Job.
Your job as Senior BI Consultant & Solution Designer
As a Senior BI Consultant & Solution Designer you would be part of DevOps teams designing, creating, and maintaining solutions based on the MS Azure technology stack. In doing so, we as IT partner up with our colleagues from the various departments within Vattenfall. The tasks and projects are varied and so are the data, the use cases and the technology. For instance we provide Smart Metering solutions for both the heating and the electricity grid in Berlin, predictive maintenance applications for our electricity grids in Sweden or cross country streaming data analytics of powerplants’ sensor data.
Within the team, the Senior BI Consultant & Solution Designer is a front runner who is in continuous dialogue with the engineers in Vattenfall’s various departments to evaluate and produce novel approaches to work with our data, who designs stable, performant and easy to use solutions and who closely works with the team to bring these solutions into operation.
Your key activities will be:
- Discuss their requirements with engineers, analysts, etc. of various department and translate these into stable solution designs and steer IT in creating optimal solutions
- Provide consulting for Vattenfall’s diverse departments regarding the full MS Azure technology stack including analytics & machine learning concepts
- Proactively adapt value adding solutions to the needs of other departments
- Design data lake solutions to share data within Vattenfall & with external stakeholders
- Help implement traditional database & DWH concepts to structure the data in the cloud to provide self-service reporting solutions (e.g. using PowerBI)
- Drive digitalization, i.e. design and create state of the art solutions
- Be part of DevOps teams together with architects, requirement engineers, data engineers and business specialists
Your profile as Senior BI Consultant & Solution Designer
- You have a hands-on mentality to solve complex issues
- You have a strong drive to ask questions
- Learning new tools and continuously improve your soft and hard skills is your second nature and you embrace working on new topics and projects every day
- You think about data as a massive asset to leverage & are familiar with data sharing concepts in the cloud
- You have an agile mindset and SCRUM way of working
- You feel personally committed to the goal setting and delivery of the team (local and international)
- Last but not least you are not afraid to drink a cup of coffee with our key users
- At least 3-5 years of working experience with Analytics & BI tools and services, preferably in the MS Azure stack (e.g. Data Warehouse, Synapse, SQL Database, PostgreSQL, Snowflake, Databricks, SSIS, Data Factory, Analysis Services, Function Apps, Power BI, ML …)
- A strong technical background with an understanding of how analytics solutions are brought into life by means of e.g. C#, Python, SQL, etc.
- You have several years of experience in requirement engineering & solution designing
- Hands-on experience with IT Architecture guidelines & principles (e.g. TOGAF) and on-premise, cloud & hybrid architectural patterns
- Familiarity with CI / CD, testing and version control (e.g. Azure DevOps, ARM, GIT or similar)
- Data modelling expertise is beneficial
- Proven experience in working agile, ideally with a certification as Product Owner, Scrum Master or similar
- Proficiency in spoken and written English is required. Dutch, German and/or Swedish are beneficial
- Ideally you already have a good understanding of utility business processes and their IT landscape (SAP ERP, IAM, EAM, SCADA, infrastructure and security regulations like GDPR)
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps to build a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of age, religion, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest generators of electricity and the largest producer of heat. And we have the vision to completely shift the production to fossil free energy sources within one generation. The Vattenfall Group has about 20,000 employees. Vattenfall’s core markets are Sweden, Germany and the Netherlands. The Group also conducts business in Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Poland and the UK. The Parent Company, Vattenfall AB, is fully owned by the Swedish state.
What we offer
- Central office locations in Amsterdam, Berlin, Hamburg and Stockholm with easy access, by either public transport or car
- Healthy work-life balance (smart working)
- The time for you to further develop your profession as Senior BI Consultant & Solution Designer
- Opportunity to work for an international energy company with the aim to be fossil free within one generation
- Work with energetic, motivated colleagues in an international, interdisciplinary team who like to have fun as well
At Vattenfall we promote smart working. Meaning you can easily combine work life with your private situation to ensure a healthy work life balance.
Are you interested in this position? Apply now or contact us for additional information! We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter.
For more information about the position you can contact Dr. Michael Schulze (Manager Analytics Solutions) at +49 1525 4626733. For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Bina Deutschendorf (Recruiter) at +49 40 79022 2289.
Due to COVID-19 we adapted our application process to the current conditions. Interviews regarding this position will be conducted via video conference. Do you have any questions about the application process or how we deal with COVID-19? Please visit our FAQ list
We look forward to receiving your application!
Page doesn’t open? Please try an alternative browser.