Are you looking to be a finance leader with responsibility for some of Amazon’s fastest growing and dynamic product groups? Look no further. We have an opening for a Senior Financial Business controller within Germany Hardlines. In this role, you will partner with business leaders to understand performance and drive initiatives to reach our goals. The role has a broad scope and is best suited for a person who is comfortable engaging in strategic discussions with senior leaders, a passion to keep learning and developing their financial and commercial skill set, and excellent communication and influencing skills. While based in Munich, you will work with business leaders in Luxembourg and the main European Markets (UK, Germany, France, Italy and Spain). Additionally, while your primary focus will be Germany, you will have the opportunity to take on EU-wide role(s) that allows you to drive processes and initiatives on a larger scale.
In this role, you will:
· You co-own the financial success of two of our Product Groups in Germany (e.g. Sports, PC, Consumer Electronics, Toys, Kitchen, etc). You have the freedom and opportunity to consult, challenge and influence business decisions and drive our long-term free cash flow.
· Partner with DE leadership on new projects and business ideas that allow our business to continue to grow quickly and deliver world class customer experience;
· Own all financial processes, reporting, and analysis for your Product Groups, plus work with senior leaders of the business to build and understand key performance metrics;
· Play a leadership role in improving EU-wide processes for our business;
· Develop tools that help us better understand business performance; and
· Take on ad hoc projects and roles beyond Germany in support of our EU Hardlines business.
· University degree in Business Administration, Finance, Math or a related field.
· Several years working experience in Finance, consulting, investment banking, or similar.
· Excellent communication skills in English (German is not required)
· Demonstrated ability to build and manage financial models for business forecasting and variance analysis;
· Strong analytical and technical finance skills, including Excel
· Comfortable in a fast paced and ambiguous business environment;
· Experience in setting up business cases and driving financial conclusions; and
· An eye towards continuous process improvement, including the ability to innovate and to simplify both finance and operational processes.