The Senior Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining methods, operation sequence and processes in the fabrication of parts, components, sub-assemblies, and final assemblies. Interfaces with Engineering in coordinating the release of new products. Also interfaces with the Production Floor, Quality Assurance, Service, Purchasing, Planning and Cost Accounting on a regular basis.
Estimates manufacturing costs, determines time standards, and makes recommendations for tooling and process requirements of new or existing product lines. As required, maintains records and reporting systems for coordination of manufacturing operations. Interfaces with suppliers and customers to resolve technical issues.
• Work on problems of diverse and complex scope where analysis of product, process, and/or data requires an identification and gathering of relevant factors. Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
• Work cross functionally to support the development of new products that are manufacturable
• Continuously and proactively seek cost reduction opportunities on all products without compromising quality or on-time delivery.
• Responsible for leading TQC Teams with technical knowledge regarding the system level operation to perform root cause analysis and subsequent solution development of process, vendor or design related problems associated with supporting a product.
• Identify the need for efficiency enhancing tooling and propose and/or develop the solution.
• Design and construct or specify and purchase electrical, mechanical and/or software tools and fixtures for performing various tasks in a safe, efficient, repeatable and cost-effective manner. Perform tooling qualification.
• Familiar with automated test processes used at PCBA suppliers and be able to specify which types of testing are required for any given PCBA.
• Identify and qualify new components to replace obsolete components
• Compose Engineering Change Orders and/or Deviations to document all changes to production processes, tools or parts in accordance with requirements.
• Work with suppliers to resolve component/part problems in a timely manner. Assist quality and purchasing in supplier audits and quality circles.
• Minimum five (5) years’ experience in design or manufacturing engineering
• Three (3) years experience with medical device manufacturing and optics assembly
• Familiar with DFT, GMP, and ISO 9001.
• Proficient with MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
• Proficiency with Mentor a plus
• Proficiency with Solidworks a plus
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.
We are EEO/AAA/Disabled/Veterans employer