Do you want to work as part of a team developing practical quantum technologies for AWS?
Quantum technologies are rapidly emerging from the realms of science-fiction, and our customers can the see the potential they have to address their challenges. One of our missions at AWS is to give customers access to the most innovative technology available and help them continuously reinvent their business. Quantum technologies hold promise to be transformational in many industries, and we are adding quantum computing, networking and sensing resources to the toolkits of every researcher and developer.
AWS is looking for Sr. Quantum Research Scientists to join an exceptional team of researchers and engineers. As a Sr. Research Scientist on the quantum networking team, you will:
· Develop architectures, algorithms and applications for quantum networking.
· Play a key role in shaping the development roadmap of the service, and evangelizing new features and capabilities
· Have the opportunity to create narrative papers, write blogs, build demos and generate other reusable collateral that can be used by our customers
· Establish thought leadership of AWS in the field by publishing research in journals and speaking at international scientific conferences
· Most importantly, work closely with the broader AWS infrastructure teams to integrate quantum technologies and make them accessible to our customers
· Mentor and develop more junior Scientists
This role is based in the AWS Cambridge office but will involve collaboration internationally across the entire Amazon Quantum Computing organization.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. We’re looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we’ve been building.
· Completed PhD in Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics or in another highly quantitative field
· Proven breadth of knowledge around the field of quantum information
· Proven technical depth in at least one sub-topic of quantum networking, such as quantum communication algorithms, experimental quantum key distribution or similar
· Significant peer reviewed scientific contributions in quantum communications, quantum memories or related area
· Familiarity with at least one recognized scientific coding language, such as: Python, C, Matlab, or similar
· Proven communication and data presentation skills
· Experience coordinating large scientific projects or leading scientific groups on a targeted project
· Exposure to the international quantum information community
· Experience building and training scientific teams
· Demonstrated ability to lead research projects and identify fruitful research directions
· Experience in a startup or new initiative within a larger organization
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.