Senior Researcher* - Stem Cell Data Management and Processing for Biomedical Applications
The Fraunhofer Institute for Biomedical Engineering IBMT acts as a device and technology developer when it comes to the solution of individual research and development projects and tasks from the areas of biomedical/medical engineering, medical (molecular and cellular) biotechnology, biohybrid technology, bioprocessing & bioanalytics, cryo(bio)technology and nano(bio)technology, ultrasound technology, biomedical microsystems, neuroprosthetics and implants, health information systems, theranostics, (mobile) laboratory technology as well as laboratory automation including in-line/on-line process control. For more than 10 years, Fraunhofer IBMT has been working in the field of stem cell research and hosting extensive cell line stocks in industrial and clinically structured biobanks for low temperature storage of valuable samples (fluids, cells, tissue fragments).
- A scientific degree (PhD level) in Cell Biology, Biochemistry, or related field
- Expertise in large-scale computational biological data analysis (e.g. DNA sequencing, chemoinformatics, bioinformatics)
- Proficiency in R-language and database software (MySQL/PostgreSQL)
- Experience with data management issues regarding human patient data (e.g. GDPR) and FAIR data guidelines
- Good knowledge of regulations surrounding clinical development of cell-based therapies
- A solid publication record
- Experience in presenting work in publications and at international conferences
- Enthusiasm for scientific issues and scientific working methods
- Fluent English for collaborative work in an international Team
- Opportunities to pursue original research and push the boundaries in research and applications of stem cell line data
- Participation and involvement in diverse activities, with the opportunities to take responsibility within interdisciplinary teams
- An open and friendly work atmosphere
- Flexible hours and access to various services for a proper work-life balance
- Working in a vibrant research environment with regular opportunites for training and participation in conferences or Workshops
Die Stelle ist auf 2 Jahre befristet.
Die wöchentliche Arbeitszeit beträgt 39 Stunden.
The location of this position will be in Berlin, Germany. Appointment, remuneration and social security benefits based on the public-sector collective wage agreement (TVöD). We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender. In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates. The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
We look forward to receiving your application (German or English). Please submit your application (in PDF format, including cover letter, CV and references) quoting the reference number IBMT-2020-5 to:
Fraunhofer-Institut für Biomedizinische Technik IBMT
|Kennziffer: IBMT-2020-5||Bewerbungsfrist: 27.02.2020|