The AWS User Experience organization is responsible for products that enable AWS customers to manage their applications and infrastructure on AWS. Today, the team owns the AWS Management Console, the AWS Console Mobile App, the AWS Chatbot, as well as the User Experience platform used by 180+ AWS service teams to develop and deliver their user experiences across multiple channels (web, mobile, and chat).
The AWS User Experience organization is looking for a Senior Software Development Manager (Sr. SDM) to lead the Console Platform team. The Console Platform team owns the services used by AWS to develop, test, and safely deploy user experiences. This position is a highly visible role that requires interaction and partnership with senior leaders across AWS. As the engineering leader of this team, you will drive the vision and direction of the Console Platform at AWS.
· As a leader of leaders, lead an organization that consists of product managers, technical program managers, SDMs and software development engineers.
· Manage and develop the team, including hiring, retention, performance management, mentoring and capability/skill development.
· Own the developer experience for 1500+ internal engineers and operate AWS services with high availability.
· Own the long term technical roadmap, architecture, technical design, implementation, and operational support of tools and services.
· Evaluate complex business and technical requirements, and communicate inherent risks and solutions to technical and non-technical business owners.
· Act as point of contact for communications dealing with project deliverables, setting the expectation, managing priorities, technologies, human factors and management issues.
· Set cross AWS goals and lead AWS initiatives to drive adoption of best practices and important change.
· Establish a high bar for processes and standards in the execution of all projects.
· 10+ years of engineering experience building and maintaining large-scale and mission-critical online services
· 7+ years of experience leading high performance teams of senior engineers and managers
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
· Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 production environment
· Masters degree in Computer Science or related fields
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role